Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Stiles P.O.V

Whenever I thought about getting turned, I didn't know I would have to go through this every month. If this is anything like a period, I would just like to sincerely apologize to every female ever.

I have cramps in my lower abdomen, I keep blowing up for no good reason, and every time I see Derek I just want to slay him. it's gotten to the point where he has to leave when I'm awake just so I don't either murder him or molest him. We agreed to wait until I'm 18 so we will. That means only 2 more months until my birthday.

My birthday could not come soon enough.

I had to tell my dad that I'm on a camping trip with Scott so I could stay at Derek's. Being away from his scent for too long makes it even worse, believe it or not.

On the last night of my heat, there was a pre-planned pack meeting. Derek hadn't told anyone in the pack that I was one of them, except Scott of course, and I was sure they would find out tonight. Derek came home from his night run earlier than usual. I was sitting on the couch when he opened the door and walked in, breathing heavily. I turned to look at him to see his running shorts hanging low on his hips and no shirt, sweat glistening on his chest. He stood still, just realizing that I was downstairs.

"Oh dear baby Jesus," I said turning around and closing my eyes as I threw my head back.

Derek Hale will be the death of me.

"Babe, what are you doing downstairs?" Derek asked, still standing in place. Just as he finished his sentence, the pack pushed past him and made themselves comfortable in the living room.

"Pack meeting," I turned around and said frustrated.

"I guess I forgot," Derek said as he closed the door.

I stood up and walked closer to him, "these literally happen every Friday, Derek, how in the hell did you forget!" I said, raising my voice. why was I getting so worked up? Because of this stupid Heat, that's why.

"Calm down, Stiles, I forgot it was Friday," Derek responded patiently as he maneuvered past me to head to the stairs.

"It's a day of the week, Der! how do you forget a day of the week! THESE MEETING ARE IMPORTANT, YOU CANT JUST FORGET THEM YOU IDIOT, WHY ARE YOU EVEN THE ALPHA?" I yelled getting angrier. I felt might sight changing and my fingers started to hurt. my mouth could close and I felt like killing. Derek whipped around to face me right as I was throwing a punch. He caught it right before it hit his face. I tried punching with my other hand, but he just caught that to. I started growling, and I could control myself.

I saw Derek's mouth moving, but I was so angry over nothing that I couldn't hear it. I just kept growling.

"STILES!" I heard it all of a sudden and I was thrown out of my phase. I felt a rush of sadness and worry. I could have hurt Derek.

Derek's P.O.V.

I was holding Stiles' fists as he came back to human form. There was complete silence and I assumed that pack was just watching in amazement.

All of a sudden, a single tear ran down Stiles cheek and he whispered so quietly I struggle to hear, "I could have hurt you."

I sighed and pulled him into my chest, kissing the top of his head.

"So," I heard Erica's voice. I rested my chin in Stiles' head as he kept it close to my chest and turned towards the pack. Everyone had a look of shock on their faces except for Scott. Scott was just shaking his head and sighing.

"Stiles is a werewolf?" Lydia asked.

"Better yet, an Alpha?" Jackson asked, looking pissed.

"Yes and yes," I replied.

"Scott, can you explain everything to them? we can finish this meeting tomorrow," I said and Everyone scurried out of my house. Stiles lifted his head to look at me.

"I didn't mean it, I promise. You're a great Alpha and-and,"

"I know Stiles, I know you didn't mean it," I said, reassuring him. He moved to sit on the couch and just stared at the blank tv screen.

"I don't know if I can do this, Der," he said. I could just tell in the tone of his voice that he was giving up. I went to sit beside him.

"Yea you can, Stiles. I know you can."

"Derek, I could have seriously hurt you. I could have hurt everyone. I'm nothing but deadweight, a risk you shouldn't take," Stiles said, stronger than I expected. He turned to look at me after I was silent for too long.

"Then we start training earlier," I said chuckling.

I don't think Stiles got the joke.

"Listen, you're one of the strongest people I know. I couldn't think of a better person to handle that situation after barely even a week of being changed. Okay, I know you can do this. I know we can do this. and I know we can get through this because I-" I stopped myself before I finished.

We had only said that word once, and it was out of anger. I know I meant it, but did he? we had barely been dating for 2 weeks, why would anyone say it and mean it.

"You what, Derek?" Stiles asked.

"Stiles, I love you," I finished. I held my breath after, waiting for Stiles to respond.

"I love you too," stiles whispered, his eyes watering. I let out the breath I was holding and smiled, relieved that he reciprocated the feelings.

"Now that we got that out of the way, can we figure out how to control my emotions," Stiles said, lightly smirking.

"Well, I heard that finalizing the mating process gets rid of Heat's, but I don't know if that's true. and we decided that we were waiting until you're 18 anyways," I explained, relaxing into the couch.

"Well, thinks can change baby," Stiles said, crawling into my lap.

"Oh no you don't. I see what you're trying to do," I said laughing.

"Well, I already know that I want to be your mate, so why wait?" he asked, running his fingers through my hair.

I closed my eyes and thought about it. There really was no point in waiting.

"I just want you to be sure," I said reluctantly. Stiles sighed and I opened my eyes in time to see him nodding in agreement.

I carried him upstairs and we were laying in bed, ready to get to sleep. I was half asleep when I felt him squirm in my arms and turn towards me.

"Derek?" he whispered.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, half asleep, keeping my eyes closed.

"I need to tell you something," stiles said. He sounded worried, but I knew it couldn't be that bad.

"What is it?" I said, probably slurring my words with how tired I was.

I heard him mumble something and my eyes shot open.

"What did you just say?" I demanded. Hoping he did not just say what I think he did.

"I'm leaving."

(a.n./ what just happened)