Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Derek's P.O.V.

"I'm leaving," Stiles whispered.

"You're joking," I said back. He had to be joking, right? There no he was serious.

"I'm not joking, Derek. I'm leaving." he said, his voice getting more stern, as if he had been thinking about this for quite some time.

"What do you mean you're leaving?," I asked, untangling myself from him and standing up to pace the room. "I just really don't understand how you can get pissed at me for trying to leave, but now you're planning on leaving," I ranted. I could feel my eyes turning red in anger, but they just faded back in sadness and grief.

"I need to do this, Derek. I have to leave. I need to experience the world. Try new things, meet new people! Find the rest of my family on my moms side and find the truth," Stiles gleamed as he spoke with more passion than I've seen come out of him before.

"So what, you're trying to escape me? Stiles, if you don't want me just say so," I scoffed as a felt my eyes start to water. I looked up so no real tears would fall.

"No, I'm not trying to escape you! That's why I wanted to mate you! So that I know you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours," he said as he stood up off the bed and started walking towards me.

"Dont," I warned as a stepped back, farther away from him. "is that supposed to honor me? Make me feel good? I will not be someone's back-up plan! I'm not going to sit around Beacon Hills while you're out fucking other people and wait for you to arrive back home like this is some sort of fucking game." I started out strong but just got weaker with my argument. My brain was clogged with the thought of Stiles being with other people, I couldn't stand it.

"Derek, listen to me. I'm doing this for me, and if you can't support me on that, then I'm not sure we can be together," Stiles said, trying to make eye contact but I was looking away.

"Just go," I said, just letting the tears fall freely. Stiles stood there for a minute before he started putting on his shoes and grabbing his keys. as he was walking out the door, he stopped and turned to me.

"I never meant to hurt you," he whispered. I looked him dead in the eyes, tears still falling as my eyes transformed to red.

"It's a little too late for that," I said, standing still and glaring into Stiles eyes. In that moment, I felt something crack within myself, and I knew Stiles felt it, too.

"What was that?" Stiles asked, worried.

"It was our mate bond breaking," I explained stunned.

"I didn't know that could happen," Stiles added. "What does it mean?" He asked.

"It means you're free."

Stiles turned around left without looking back.

(a/n Short update because last 2 chapters are big)