Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*5 years later*

Derek's P.O.V.

"Wow, Derek, sounds like you're doing great," Scott said over the phone. I was at work as the CEO of a book publishing company in Seattle. That's where I was relocated from my original company just outside of Beacon Hills.

"I am doing great, Scott. But what about you? How's Beacon Hills doing?" I questioned.

"Well, Jackson and Lydia finally got engaged after him begging for 3 years," we both chuckled. Everyone knew they were perfect for each other, even Lydia. "Ethan followed Danny to New York to go to some elite technology school, and of course Aidan went with them," he explained. They were always attached at the hip. " Boyd and Erica ran away together to who knows where." they were the true definition of soul mates; always happy with not a care in the world, as long as they were with each other. "And Sheriff Sti-"

"I'm glad to know everyone is doing well, Scott," I cut him off. I could hear Scott sigh and knew he had an apologetic and small smile written across his face. "but how are you and Allison?"

"Well, as you know, we got married just before you left 3 years ago, but now, there's more than two McCall's in this house," Scott chuckled.

"Why didn't you call me sooner?" I asked in shock. He chucked again.

"She's one and a half and her name is Victoria, after Allison's mom," he said, and I could practically hear his face light up at the mention of his daughter.

"I bet she looks just like Allison," I smiled at the thought of a brown haired, dimpled baby with bright brown eyes.

"She does. I'm just hoping our son looks like me," he said in awe.

"You're expecting?" I said in shock while laughing in joy. "Congrats, man."

"Thank you, Derek," Scott replied, chuckling once again. "You know, Derek? You sound very happy."

"I am very happy," I replied, trying to sound convincing. I smiled out of my window to see my beautiful Seattle view. I could never get enough of it.

"I gotta go, Derek. The little rascal is waking up from her nap, and someone's gotta make her lunch while Allison is off teaching at the high school." Scott explained, still managing to sound happy and not exhausted or stressed.

"Alright, Scott. We should chat again soon," I suggested.

"Yeah. Yeah we should. Later, Derek." Scott hung up and I put the phone back in its place. So much has changed back in that little old town I used to call home.

I finished up my necessary paperwork for a new book that we were publishing by A writer named Anna Todd. Her book had started out as a fanfiction, but blew up to be an amazing story that was now getting published and turned into a movie. I was glad that my company was the one that got to publish it.

It was a Sunday, and I technically could have waited until tomorrow, but I really just wanted to get it done. That, and if I could get time away from my house, it was worth it. I was the only one on my floor working, so I was able to leave without getting distracted at about 1:30. The drive back home is kind of long, only because we wanted a house as away from the city as possible.

Well, she did.

I parked in the drive-way and just stayed in the car for a few minutes, forcing myself to put back on my happy face.

I was happy, most of the time, but I always felt like there was something missing, and I was only happy because I forced myself to be. I always put on a happy façade when I was on the phone or at home, but when I was alone, I didn't have to pretend.

I got out of the car and walked up the front steps. I stood in front of the door, sighing one last time, before opening the door and walking inside. I entered the kitchen slowly, focusing hard on not looking depressed.

"Derek, honey, oh god, you're finally home. The Jeffersons asked me to babysit again, so I need you to take Their daughter Bella into the living room and put on a movie or something," she said, shooing what looked to be a five year old towards me.

"Of course, Jennifer, anything for you," I said, smiling sheepishly. I took the little girl into the living room and put it on the first kids channel I could find. As I was walking passed the kitchen to my office, I heard my fiancé mutter "good thing we agreed not to have kids." I frowned, remembering that she didn't want children, and since she would be the one carrying them, I didn't have a say in that final decision.

I set down my briefcase and sat down before I go this overwhelming feeling over come me. "mate, mate, mate," my inner wolf clawed inside of me. I had been getting this feeling a lot, ever since Jennifer and I had been getting closer, ever since we moved in together, but my wolf had never growled "mate" like it just did. I immediately made the connection, and new she was my mate. I got a rush of excitement and couldn't help to smile. I didn't know I was able to mate again after everything that happened. I started walking out to the kitchen to see if she felt it too when the doorbell rang.

"Derek? Honey, could you get that?" I heard Jennifer yell, and I walked past the kitchen and to the front door. I opened the door, and my wolf started chanting louder, the clawing getting more intense. The man at the door was looking down at a note card.

"Hello there, I'm a deputy from the local police department. I would like to share with you the dangers of..." the man kept talking, and right then, I knew exactly who it was.

And man, did he look good in uniform.

"Stiles?" I whispered, my face white as a ghost, except for the pink flushing running along my cheeks and down my neck from thinking about how we used to be, and what we never did, but I wanted to oh-so badly; even standing right in front of him for the first time in 5 years.

I'm glad I could still smell the virginity on him. That always was mine to take.

The man shot his head up, and I got a good look at those distinct features I had missed so much. His whiskey colored eyes were blown as wide as they could get, and his mole-speckled jaw went slack. His eyes watered, and both of our hearts were pounding in our chests.

"Sourwolf."

THE END

(Sometimes I think writers have too much power. Thanks for putting up with my shit for this long. Hope you don't hate me too much, or I might have to write a sequel)