Chapter 11

Stiles P.O.V.

Silence. The sounds of a pin drop could be heard with how silent it was in the Hale House on that night.

And with my new-found powers, I guess that pin drop could have been miles away and I still would have heard it.

"What the hell?" I whispered, not able to tear my eyes away from my reflection.

"I... I don't know" I heard Derek whisper, reminding me that he was right behind me.

"Derek, we have to go see Deaton about this," I said, quietly but urgently. I grabbed Derek's wrist and tried to pull him with me out of the bathroom, but he didn't move. Not even a flinch.

"Derek, c'mon we need to go! Now!" I said yanking him harder. He came flying towards me and we collided into each each other, losing our balance for a moment but quickly regaining posture.

Derek looked down at my hand still on his wrist and then back into my eyes.

"Claws," he whispered.

"What?" I looked down at my hand to see that my claws were digging into his wrist, little scarlet drops of blood falling to the wood below. I jerked my hand away from his wrist and held my hand, looking at my new weapons.

"It's midnight, Stiles, Deaton isn't going to be in the office. We need to wait until the morning. Until then, you really need to catch up on your sleep." Derek spoke with a level of calmness that I couldn't help but wonder what part of his body he was mustering it up from.

I finally looked up from my hand and saw his eyes looking straight into mine.

"Okay," I whispered. I turned around and crawled into his bed as close to the edge as possible. Derek pulled a chair up to the side of the bed and sat down, resting his elbows on his knees and covering his mouth with his hands, his eyes closed, letting me know that he was in deep thought.

"Derek?"

"Yes baby?" Derek replied, keeping his eyes closed but now turning his head towards the ground.

"Derek, I'm scared."

Derek slowly moved his head up, his eyes were open and filled with sorrow. He sighed deeply and stood up, moving the blanket so he could slide under with me. I backed up to give him room, but he just got closer. He pulled me into his chest and rested his chin on the top of my head.

"Everything's going to be okay as long as we've got each other," he said kissing the top of my head, giving me the last push I needed in order to fall into a deep sleep.

Derek's P.O.V.

I couldn't sleep, I could only hold the perfect brown eyed boy in my arms and protect him from who-knows-what. But he doesn't need protection. he's an alpha now, he could protect himself of he wanted to.

I don't want him to.

I want to wake him up and tell him, let home know why his eyes are now that blazing red, or why I was so calm when I saw it. Truth is, I'm excited. This was the last step we needed to prove that he was mine.

Well, almost the last step.

I don't plan on accomplishing that step for a few months, when Stiles turns 18. I want him to be sure he wants me as much is I'm sure I want him. This is a lifelong decision that he needs time to make.

Just as I was getting too deep in to my thoughts, a felt stirring from Stiles against my chest. I heard faint whimpering and sat up so I could get a look at his face.

His face was drenched in sweat, and he was making pained facial expressions. My wolf whimpered as I watched my mate in pain. I tried shaking him gently to wake him up, but it was no use.