5

Roshni

"They're definitely here!" Isha squealed and I suddenly became very nervous. It would be the first time seeing him.

Will  I be able to do this? What if I'm not his type or worst his family comes to dislike me when they see me?. – these questions invaded my mind.

Vid must have sense my nervousness, she came closer to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't be nervous, Rosh, everything will be fine" she assured.

"Thanks Vid." I appreciated, placing my hand on hers which was still my shoulder.

Minutes later, the house help came to my room and inform me that the guests have arrived and mom wanted  me to come down quickly.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I chanted repeatedly in an attempt to calm my nervousness and muster some confidence.

Are you really sure you can do this or you're just convincing yourself you can when you obviously can't? My subconscious questioned.

"Come on, Rosh, let's get moving." Vid said pulling me out from my trance.

I took a deep breath.

You can do this, you're  excited to meet my future husband.I reminded myself as we stood up and made our way downstairs.

While my friends and I were approaching, I saw a middle aged man and a woman sitting beside him – the same woman who was introduced last week as Rajveer's mum.

They must be Raj's parentsI gathered.

My gaze darted to a very fair skinned,  handsome young man sitting on our couch. His hair was neatly styled and his lips were slightly pouted and pink in colour. Beside him, was a girl of about my age with a scrunched up face.

Is he Raj?

He definitely is, I can tell by his dressing.

He is so handsome and.......

"Rosh, come on, let's go. You can stare at him all you want after everything has been finalized." Vid said.

I didn't even realized I stopped walking. I quickly averted my gaze to the floor and blushed at what she just said.

All the guests had arrived and all eyes were on me when I finally approached them. I felt like falling down on my face. I wished the floor would just open and engulf me. I was shaking with nervousness.

"Don't be nervous, bestie." Vid whispered into my ear.

"Thanks Vid, for the support." I smiled. I didn't know what I would do without her.