6

Rajveer

  After the engagement, we went back home and I went straight to my bedroom and lay down on my bed thinking about everything that happened earlier.

I shouldn't have told Roshni all those, but she deserves to know.  I shouldn't be feeling guilty, it's for her own good. I hope she cancels this marriage, I really hope she does. I haven't even got the chance to get into a serious relationship and here I am now, engaged to a girl who I don't even know a thing about. This is so perfect!

I really hoped she'd decide not to get married anymore, the wedding was in three weeks. She was the only one who could save two lives from being ruined now.

"Raj," I heard Sam calling as she barged into my room without knocking on the door. I remained silent. I was sure she only came to provoke me more by talking about the engagement and how much she hated my so-called  fiancée.

"I don't like that girl at all, she's so ugly." As I expected, Sam started complaining about how plain she was.

"Girl? Which girl?" I asked, feigning ignorance.

"Who else but that fiancée of yours." she rolled her eyes.

"Oh." I sighed.

"I hate her already." she cringed. "-it's like hate at first sight, she's just too plain for my liking." she spat, venomously.

"Hate is a strong word." I reminded her in case she forgot.

"She's ruining your life Raj. You should also hate her. she's such a—" I cut her off immediately.

"I'm exhausted right now Sam, I want to rest," I sighed. I was not in the mood to listen to her ramblings. 

"Fine. Goodnight," she said with attitude and stormed out of the room.

So much drama in my life!

I stayed up for some minutes thinking everything through again before I finally drifted off to sleep unprepared.

~~~

I awoke with a slight headache the next morning to my cell phone ringing. I fumbled around for it on my nightstand and saw it. My eyes widened on their own accord when I saw seven missed calls all from my friend, Yash. I quickly called him back and he picked at the third ring.

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GETTING MARRIED?" He screamed through the phone.

"Yes." My answer was curt.

"WHAT? I didn't know you were in a relationship " came his confused voice.

"I wasn't until yesterday." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Your parents forced you right?" He asked. His voice was calmer now.