9

Love doesn't need to be perfect
It needs to be true!

Rajveer

You were too harsh on her, did she really deserve the way you treated her? My conscience asked. yes, she deserves all that she got for agreeing to married me another part of me answered. I decided to go to Yash's house to get away from seeing Roshni for a while.

"Hey! Raj, what are you doing here so early in the morning? Yash asked immediately he opened the door and I came in view. He was acting like he didn't want me in his house "did your wife throw you out of your house?" He asked, stupidly.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No."

"There must be a problem, you've never visited me this early before. Now, tell me, what's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"Won't you even allow me in, before you start interrogating me on what's wrong?" I asked, irritatedly

"Oh! I'm sorry about that, I just got carried away seeing you here so early. Come in." he smiled sheepishly, I went in, followed by him. "now tell me, what's wrong?" He asked again

"Nothing. I just came over here to relax, I can't do that with that woman in my room." I replied vexed.

"What did she do?" He smirked

"Her presence alone annoys me and she agreed to get married to me even after I made it clear to her that I don't love her and never will." I said exasperatedly.

"But it isn't her fault entirely, if she is at fault, that means you are equally at fault too." he pointed out.

"How could you say that, Yash, you know I didn't have a choice, if I didn't agree, I don't know what could have happened to mum." I said in disbelief

"Just like you didn't want to hurt your parents by refusing to get married to her, same way she cares for her family. Don't you think so? I think so because no girl will want to get married to a man who doesn't care about her." Yash reasoned

"Are you taking her side right now?" I asked? How could he!

"I'm not taking sides here, I'm just trying to reason with you and as your friend, I must tell you the truth. You better start treating her nicely." he said trying to sound stern.

I rolled my eyes. "I came here to get some peace, but I am obviously not getting any, I'm leaving." I stood up and left the house, slamming the door in the process. How could Yash take her side instead of mine. I thought he was my friend. Betrayal!

__________________________________

When I got back home, I went straight to my— our room and met Roshni lying on the floor. Is she asleep, did she faint or perhaps dead? I started panicking until I saw her move in her sleep and some traces of tears on her cheek. Is she lying here because of what I said to her earlier? I asked myself yes! You treated her badly, you should at least wake her up and tell her to sleep on the bed my conscience said but I ignored the feeling and took out my laptop and started watching a movie — prom night. I couldn't concentrate on the movie because my conscience kept on hunting me and making me feel guilty for leaving her on the cold floor.