8

Those who look to the sun, do not see
Shadows.

Rajveer

We finally arrived home to celebration still going on at our own home. I was very exhausted and decided to just go up to my room and sleep. I didn't have the energy to participate in any more rituals.

"You two must be tired, go to your room and rest. Show Roshni to your room." mum appeared from nowhere and said.

"Goodnight Mum" I said and started walking towards my room.

"Goodnight." I heard Roshni said as she trailed behind me.

I opened the door to my room and was surprised to see the decorations that were made in my room. The bed was also decorated with flowers. "Come in" I beckoned to Roshni, who was still standing outside the room like a lost puppy. "You can sleep on the bed, I will take the cushion." I took a pillow from the bed.

"I'm sorry." she suddenly apologized. I wondered why she was suddenly apologizing. "I couldn't stop this wedding from taking place, even after you indirectly told me to cancel everything." she finished.

"You don't need to apologize, the damage has already been done and it doesn't even matter to me if we are married or not, we will only talk to each other when necessary, never sleep in the same bed and most importantly, act like a happy couple in front of the family." I explained.

"Okay." she replied in a low voice. I took a duvet from the wardrobe and lay down on the couch.

"Rajveer." she called.

"What again?" I asked a bit rudely. I was tired and just wanted to sleep but she kept on disturbing me.

"You can sleep on the bed." she offered.

Didn't she hear what k said earlier? Or was she pretending to be deaf.

"Didn't I make it clear to you that we won't be sharing a bed?" I asked, frustratedly. Why was she so dense?

"I didn't mean it th–"  She didn't get to finish her sentence before I cut her off.

"I don't care how you mean it, but please allow me sleep." I begged, joining my hands together. Couldn't she just allow me sleep? Was this how it feels to be married?

"You should sleep on your bed, I'm the guest here, so I will sleep take the cushion instead." she said in a low voice.

"No thanks, I'm okay here." I declined.

"I insist." she persisted.

"Very well then." I said and got up from the couch and to the bed. I was not to be blame, she was persistent and I would do anything at that moment to make her shut up. I told her to sleep on the bed but she didn't want to and insisted I sleep on it instead. I agreed because I was tired and she wouldn't stop disturbing me. I was not sorry though.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

ROSHNI

"I'm sorry for getting married to you Rajveer, despite you telling me you don't want it." I said and lay down on the couch and felt few drops of tears escaping from my eyes before I drifted off to sleep.