7

Rajveer

The day was finally here. My worst nightmare!

"Raj." mum sauntered into my room "I'm so proud of you son."she said.

"Thanks." I replied tersely. For getting me married to Roshni.

"When Roshni comes into this house as your wife, I want you to treat her well and love her, she's a kind at heart." she remarked.

"Alright mum, I will try my best in treating her well." I paused "but I can't promise you, I would be able to love her." I finished, truthfully.

"You will son, I trust you will in the near future. Now go get ready, we will be going to the bride's house in two hours." She said and I excused herself out of the room.

Yash and Pintu arrived shortly after.

"Yash, Pintu" I greeted them with a handshake.

"Hey groom, I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend your engagement." Yash apologized.

"It's alright dude, I told you it's not important." I waved the topic aside.

"I'm so happy for you Raj." Pintu smiled.

"I can't say the same for myself." I smiled sadly.

"Don't worry Raj, you never can tell, you might fall in love with her sooner than you think." Yash winked.

"I don't think so." I scoffed. "where is Daniel?" I inquired.

"He is on his way coming here." Pintu replied.

After an hour or so, I got dressed in my wedding attire. Here I was, sitting in my well decorated vehicle with my friends, heading to her house.

The drive to the house was shorter than I had anticipated with the guys bickering nonstop. We alighted from the car and I stopped to observe the house for it looked very different now. The building was decorated with flowers, balloons and colorful lights.
The exterior was eye catching, they really did an amazing job decorating the building.

Stepping into the living room, I observed the interior was even more beautiful than the exterior decoration. They were prepared for my downfall - I huffed.

"Hello. Welcome everyone, come in and make yourselves comfortable before the ceremony starts fully." Roshni's mum ushered us in.

"Where is my beautiful daughter in law?" I heard mum asked from behind me.

"She's getting ready, she will be here soon." her mum answered.

Why is she taking so long, does she think we will wait for her for eternity!
I'm sure she's just in there, applying makeup and stuff.

"Here she comes." a woman I haven't seen before whispered to me.

I looked at her wearily. "Finally she's here. I just want to get this over and done with." I muttered.

"Wow! My daughter in law is looking so charming" mum complimented and some other women started talking about how beautiful she was, how lucky I was to have her and bla bla bla...