Red

"Hmm...owl shirt or Carm's plaid shirt?" Laura stood in front of her mirror, biting her lip as she placed both items against her chest, trying to decide.

Of course, she could just choose between two of her own items of clothing, but Carmilla had an entire half of Laura's closet dedicated to her own clothes; and, some of them were really nice...

Okay, all of them are pretty nice.

"Just make a damn decision, Hollis." Laura grumbled, shifting again to the red checkered shirt that wasn't hers.

"If you're gonna just wear my clothes, you could at least take me to bed first." That familiar sultry voice made Laura jump as she turned to see the raven-haired girl leaning against her now opened door frame, the ghost of a smirk on her face. Now, her expression was unreadable...almost hungry.

How does she do that? I didn't hear a thing!

"If you stayed over until morning more often, maybe I would." Laura quipped, opting for both, thinking of wrapping the plaid around her waist.

Sweet Hermione! You are such a lesbian.

"Don't tease me like that Hollis," Carmilla took a step forward, drinking Laura in, "Besides, if this is what I woke up to, I'd stay more often."

You have no idea how much I wish I could.

Laura grabbed her jeans off her bed and pulled them on, forgetting for a second that she was only in her underwear. She grabbed for Carmilla's shirt again.

"So, you just want me for my body then?"

Carmilla hummed as she watched the blonde experiment with the red and black garment, putting it on with nothing underneath- just Laura's skin and a bra...which wasn't exactly unpleasant to see. Grabbing her shirt by it's opening, she pulled Laura forward.

"If you weren't such a tease, I could pay attention to something else." She growled silently, her eyes smoldering.

Laura's breath hitched in her throat. She thought Carmilla was being serious until she started smirking. Glowering up at the taller girl, she shoved her away.

"Perv."

"At your service, Miss Hollis." Carmilla gave her a little bow with that ever charming Carmilla smirk still plastered on her face.

"Karnstein...," Laura's father stopped in front of Laura's door, motioning for Carmilla to come forward.

With no question, she started fixing his tie. It was a normal routine. Whenever Sherman wasn't in his normal police uniform, he wore a suit; wouldn't be Sheriff Hollis without proper attire, now would he? Carmilla learned how to tie ties because of him. In other words, he didn't want to do it himself and used Carmilla as a replacement. But she didn't mind. She frequently wore ties on days Laura asked her to match outfits. How could she refuse Laura Hollis? How could anyone? It's not possible.

"Are you teasing my daughter again?"

"As always. It's the only pleasurable thing about the mornings. That and coffee...and you of course." Carmilla patted his chest before turning back to Laura.

"How'd she ever find you?" He scoffed.

"Well, I couldn't just ignore her, could I? Believe me, I tried. But once you see someone so cute getting pulled by the pigtails- and you didn't do it- you kind of have to step in. I mean, if anyone's going to pull her hair, it's going to be me."

"Mmhm. I'm still grateful. She was always getting into trouble," Sherman chuckled, "For good reason of course."

"What do you mean was?" Carmilla lifted a naturally arched eyebrow.

"STILL HERE!" Laura shrieked.

"What's your point?" Sherman and Carmilla deadpanned.

Laura sighed, pulling a brush through her hair as the two people she loved most in the world snickered quietly behind her.

"I have improved since then, you know." She grabbed her backpack with an angry pout.

"Ha!" Sherman laughed all the way downstairs to the kitchen.

"But I have." Laura's pout deepened.

Damn it, she just never stops being adorable.

"Sure thing, spaz. Come on. Off to school." Carmilla draped an arm over Laura's shoulder, glad to see the instant smile on her face.

They walked downstairs and out the door arm in arm. Sherman handed Carm her usual black coffee and kissed his daughter goodbye as he left for the station.

Gotta love Sherman Hollis. The man makes one helluva coffee.

Carmilla threw her bag into the backseat of her car before hopping in, top dropped. Laura got into the passenger seat of the glossy black convertible and put her seat belt on.

"How could I ever get so lucky?" She swooned playfully, chuckling as Carm adjusted her shades in the mirror. Her black curls disappeared against her black leather jacket. Her leather pants clung to her skin as the muscles flexed as she revved the engine.

"You picked me, cutie." Carmilla flashed her white, sharp teeth.

"The best best friend I could ever have." Laura bopped Carm's nose as she pulled away from the Hollis household.

"You better know it, Hollis."

...........

Silas High School. To Laura, the best school ever. To Carmilla, hell. Laura was her only light in the whole place, aside from her tree. Nobody really liked her...or didn't really know her or were brave enough to try. She didn't care. She only needed Laura. She was the only one that really got Carmilla. Her and-

"'SUP, HOLLSTEIN!"

Oh, no.

An arm wrapped around her neck, musing her hair. Carm pushed it away quickly, hurrying to fix her hair back to the way she liked it. Messy with taste.

"I'll kill you, Laf." She growled.

"I look forward to it, C.K," Lafontaine took a few steps back to be in line with Perry. Turning to check out the parking lot, they nodded towards the front steps of the school, "Looks like Laura has an escort."

"What? Is Kirsch following her around again," Carmilla's head shot forward. But she scowled and leaned against her car again with a grump, "Oh, that's just great."

Laura was talking to Danny Lawrence. Senior, Summer Society member, all around pain in Carmilla's ass. But the beanstalk had a thing for Laura...and Laura...seemed interested.

"Wow. I can see the horns poking out of your head." Laf spoke up.

"Remember when I mentioned killing you?"

"Why don't you just tell her already?" Perry piped in, clinging to Laf's arm.

"I've tried for three years! You try telling that 17-year-old ball of oblivion how you feel and tell me how it works out," Carmilla took a sip of her coffee as the bell rang. Danny held the door open for Laura as she entered the building. Laura waved over at Carmilla, waiting by the door, much to Danny's obvious irritation. Carmilla smirked and waved back almost instantly, "That's why. Thing would change if I said a word."

Sighing, she thought about how much she wanted to say, but couldn't. What she wanted to do but wouldn't. Because Laura was too important to her to lose. If she was happy with the jolly green giant, Carmilla would accept that. It wasn't like she could go anywhere. It wasn't like she would.

"All I'm saying is, you may want to put Laura in the know before she just let's Danny in, ya know? Give it a chance. What do you have to lose?" Laf put a comforting hand on Carm's shoulder before the three of them headed in Laura's direction.

Everything. Hopefully, nothing.