Maybe One Day

Carmilla's POV

It's been 3 months since Laura let slip that she loved me that night. It was better than her telling me that Danny admitted that she loved her. I don't believe it. Maybe Lawrence loves her. But not the way she says. Not like...someone else.

Or maybe you're just jealous, Karnstein....Nope. I refuse to be jealous of that jolly green giant.

Ell and I have been spending more time together. It was a distraction from Laura's relationship with Danny. I didn't mind most because I'm reminded of a single thought: she didn't say she loved Danny back. Laura said that she loved me.

Nonetheless, I'm not going to do anything to destroy Laura's first relationship. If that ship sinks, it'll do it on its own. All I'm gonna do is save Laura from drowning if she can't swim. That's what I'm supposed to do.

Aren't I?

...........

Laura's POV

Danny and I were walking from my last class together. We were nearing my locker. I could see Carmilla leaning against her own with a book in her hand as she waited for me. Usually she'd wait before opening a book until it was quiet; but, not today. Zoning in on her more clearly, I noticed she had her earbuds in as well.

Debussy at full blast. That explains it.

Suddenly, I was being pulled into an empty classroom as Danny rushed to close the door behind us.

"What in Weasleys' name are you doing?" I gawked at her, pulling my backpack off to lay on the floor.

Without saying a word, she strode over to me, placing her hands firmly on my waist, pushing me until my back was against a desk. With little force, she lifted me to sit atop the cool surface.

"Danny...what are you doing?" My pulse started racing and I was instantly nervous.

"Sshh...just let me..." Danny's eyes wandered over my face, stopping at my eyes before gluing themselves to my lips. Leaning towards me, she paused, "Laura...please?"

I'm sure I was wide-eyed and sweating by now. This isn't how I want my first kiss to happen. Not like this. Not with Danny. Not now. Not without-.

"Danny. No." I sighed, my hands on hers as I moved to push her away, "I'm not ready."

She looked at me like I'd just slapped her, "You've never been kissed?"

Oh joy. 17-year-old Laura, the kiss-less gay. I can see the tweets. Be brave, Hollis! Strong. Firm.

"No, I haven't. I'm waiting for-"

"For what?" Danny frowned, probably expecting me to say I was waiting for the right person. I wasn't.

"For the right time." I replied silently.

"What better a time than now?" She leaned in again.

Is she serious?

"Danny..." I warned, squeezing her arms, needing her to let go.

"Can I kiss you, Laura? I won't do it without your permission. Not until you say it's okay." She tilted, planting a kiss on my cheek.

Oh, thank Dumbledore! Krav Manga in an empty classroom would be hard to explain to the principal.

I let out a breath of relief, glad she understood and respected my choice.

"Thank you. I'm glad you respect me enough to ask." I smiled nervously at her.

Her thumbs pressed deeper into my skin, making the spots tingle. My body shivered in response. She smirked, letting go.