Death In Many Ways Does Come

(HAPPY #CARMILLANIGHT CREAMPUFFS!)

Carmilla had to go home the next morning. She woke up around 11', changed back into last night's clothes, and prepared to leave. She chose to keep the corset off today though, tossing it in the backseat of her car instead. Laura didn't want her to leave, turning on her best pout. Carmilla almost fell for it.

"Are you sure you can't stay? Dad's making breakfast. Bacon. You love bacon! And Bob's gonna be here soon. You gonna make me eat bacon alone?" Laura buried her lips into
Carm's neck, arms secured around her.

"Sorry, Cutie. I have to go. I'll be back later." Carmilla had replied through gritted teeth. Laura wasn't making this any easier.

Kissing the girl hungrily. Carmilla get in her car with a wink of her eye and sped home.

Placing her keys on the tiny round table, Carmilla closed her front door. Her forehead touched the cool wood as she allowed herself to smile at the events over the past couple of hours. She'd have to tell Mattie about this. She'd have to tell Will about this. She could hear the 'I told you so' already. Shaking her head, chuckling once, she turned for the staircase. But she never made it. She wound up on the floor, her cheek stinging.

What the hell?

Standing over her, still dressed in business attire, was Lolita Morgan. Her navy dress was perfectly pressed and the bun in her hair had no strays. Her eyes were red, blank. And she reeked of alcohol.

"I've been waiting up all night for you, Mircalla. Where were you?" There was no anger. She could've been asking if Carmilla had seen her favorite drinking glass.

"I was with Laura." Carmilla rubbed at her cheek, frowning.

"Ugh. The Hollis girl again. How many times do I have to tell you, Mircalla? That girl's family is enemy here?" Lolita took a sip from her glass, ice clinking against it.

Only when you're drunk off your ass.

"She's my best friend, Mother," Carmilla rose to her feet, choosing to keep a calm tone, "She's not my enemy."

Stepping around her mother, Carmilla went for the stairs again. A tight grip wrapped itself around her arm, pushing her backwards into the wall. Nails dug into her skin.

"More like your lover...I can smell her on you," Lolita's dry tone began to change. She was getting angry, "Have you been sleeping with that girl?"

"Mother, no-"

"You know what the Hollis's did to this family!"

"They didn't do anything." Carmilla spat, trying to remove herself from her trap. Lolita's claws dug deeper.

"They. Did. Enough! Them and that sorry excuse for a wife! The woman was naive. Idiotic-"

"Don't say a word against Laura's mother!" Carmilla could feel her blood boiling.

"She killed Robert! She killed your father."

"You killed him more than she did!" Carmilla, finally free, shoved her mother away.

A cold liquid against her face came with a painful crack. Lolita punched Carmilla in the nose, blood tracing her knuckles. Blood trickling down Carmilla's face.

"Whatever your father had going on had nothing to do with me. He died because your girlfriend's wretch of a mother-" A hiccup interrupted Lolita's rant.

Wiping blood from her face, Carmilla stood to her feet. The pain dulls behind the hatred towards her mother. The smell of brandy heavy on her skin, Carmilla's stomach began to churn.