Three's Company Too

A/N: Slight Trigger Warning (Abusive Parent)
The rest of the week went by uneventful. Besides finding every opportunity she could to dodge going home, Carmilla didn't see much of a change in the daily routine; even the weekend was average. Laura made her watch Doctor Who reruns. Danny was too busy on a basketball retreat with her dad.

Thank Rao.

The only thing that was new was Ell. When Carmilla wasn't with her friends, Ell found a way to get to the raven-haired beauty. For a senior, Ell was in quite a few of Carmilla's classes this week.

How did I miss that before? Has she always been there?

It's Monday and Carmilla was having lunch in the usual spot with her friends. Ell sat as close to the table as she could with her won group of friends. Laf's science partner, JP, was one; and, Danny's annoying puppy friend was another. You can only hear 'Carm sexy' so many times before you lose it.

What even is a Kirsch anyway?

Finally, school was over, and who asked for a ride? None other than Elleana Vordenburg. Laura rode with Danny to an intramural basketball game at the park. So, Carm let the older girl in.

I'll pass on watching that giant in gym shorts.

"Don't make this a habit, Elana."

"I won't...just as soon as you get my name right."

"It's Ell," Carmilla smirked, preferring to use the nickname, pulling out of the parking lot.

"That's a start." Ell rolled her eyes.

Carmilla's radio let flow a river of guitar from her Spotify playlist. That is until that playlist ended and another began. Gentle piano filled the ears of the broody girl and her passenger.

"What is this?" Ell made a face at the radio.

"Debussy," Carmilla replied, the music making her body calm and her mood less broody. This was one of the only things that could rid her of any dark emotion, "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Ell frowned at Carmilla's expression, at how her eyes were low in satisfaction. The blonde was genuinely afraid that this girl would crash the car if she didn't open her friggin' eyes!

"Sure. If you're from the 15th century, or like things like that." Ell shrugged; her tone of voice distasteful.

At least you got the time period right.

Carmilla laughed once, a small one, but an actual laugh, "You have to expand your horizons. Let yourself experience something new. Let the music take you in. Engulf you."

"Sure. I'll work on that." Ell turned for the window, a hint of a smile on her face. Who knew this girl was so deep. Juniors...

"Mmm," Carm nodded, keeping straight, aware that she had no clue where she was going, "You gonna tell me how to get to your house or keep me riding around all day?"

Ell shrugged again, "Maybe. Besides, I like riding with you. You have a comfy car."

"Mmm," Carm chuckled softly, "Where do you want to go?"

The car was quiet besides the soft music.

"How about your house?"

The tension was back as quickly as it had evaporated. Carmilla's hand squeezed the wheel and growled, "Not. Happening."

"Is there a reason why?" Ell frowned again.

"My mother...doesn't like company. We're not allowed to have anyone over. Only Laura is allowed inside most days. When I let her." Carmilla pushed her shades forcefully onto her face.