Aim to Please

I hope she likes it. Please let her like it.

Laura had done well to keep her dress a secret from Carmilla. She learned quickly that Carmilla would keep her ensemble a secret just the same, but worse. All Laura wanted to know was what color her best friend was wearing; but that wasn't happening. When the blonde finally asked why Carmilla was being so secretive, Carmilla's only response was:

"That's just how the world works, Cutie."

That was Wednesday, two days ago. Today was Friday. The day of the prom. The school day was filled with last minute touch-ups for tonight's event by the freshmen and sophomores that wanted to attend. There really was no room for classes with all the excitement and commotion; so, school let out early. In the middle of Journalism! Laura would've been livid if it wasn't for tonight. She had her own preparing to do before 7:30. And it was already 5!

Her dress was hanging on her door, safely secured in a frame of plastic. Her choice of shoe was a clear heel, tall enough to give her a little bit of height. Before she could turn for her bathroom to shower, her phone began to ring. Carm wanted to Skype.

I am not even wearing clothes!

She answered anyway, "You know, you're not supposed to see me until you pick me up tonight. It's not like you to be social before the sun sets."

Carmilla rolled her eyes, "Ha. Ha. Very funny, Hollis. I just wanted to see if you were dressed yet."

Moving the camera up to capture her full body, careful not to catch her dress in the screen, Laura motioned to her lack of shirt and sweatpants look.

"Does it look like I'm dressed to you?" She asked.

Carmilla's mouth had dropped open, her eyes turning to something Laura hadn't seen in her eyes before. She'd seen it, just not from Carm. Or did she just not notice? How much hadn't she noticed?

"Uh...no. Doesn't look like it at all," Carmilla quickly changed the subject before things got out of hand, "I hope you have fun tonight. You only go to prom once your junior year."

We only have one junior year.

"I'm sure I'll have a fun time. I'll be with you," Laura smiled, "Promise you won't sneak a kiss before the night is out?"

Is she flirting with me?

Did I just-?

"Cupcake. If I kiss you, I'm going to ask first. That's the difference between me and your ex." Carmilla scoffed.

Among other things.

"Well you won't get the chance if you don't let me get dressed."

What in Snape's name am I doing?!

Carmilla smiled probably the brightest smile she'd ever made, "Is that so? Well I guess I'll leave my fair maiden to it then. Wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. Until tonight my dear."

"Until tonight." Laura walked into her bathroom, turning on the shower.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Spotify on her favorite Women Powerhouses of Today playlist, on full blast, Laura let the steam relax her as the water covered her skin. Her hair sticking to her skin, she shampooed, conditioned, and repeated.

If you're going to do this, you're going to do it right.

Spending more than enough time preparing herself in the shower, the blonde finally emerged after an hour. Her hair wrapped in a towel, her body in a new set of bra and sweatpants combo, she blow dried her hair and began the curling process.