Careful

"Careful Cupcake! It's heavier than it looks." Carmilla warned her tiny girl.

She had retrieved her from the hotel and made it to her new apartment to unpack. She was pretty proud though because she arrived at the hotel in the back of Sherman's police car. It was something about being back there that made her feel even more bad ass. Not even the thought that her mother was in this same spot only days ago could erase the feeling. They were headed in two totally different directions.

Laura rode with her and joined her once again to her apartment as Sherman went to the station for work. They moved all her boxes and bags inside relatively quick. The place was pretty comfortable and spacious. Exactly a place for Carmilla Karnstein. Laura was sure it would shrink a little once they actually made it home. She'd realized at that moment that Carmilla didn't have a couch. So, they switched cars with Laf, taking their pickup in place for Carmilla's car, and made their way to IKEA. Carmilla didn't think couch shopping could torture. Boy was she wrong. Laura kept looking at brightly colored couches and sitting on them and pouting at Carmilla until she finally settled for the black leather one.

"You can't get everything in black."

Carmilla fixed her mouth to give her a smart remark but got another idea as she stepped closer.

"Well normally I'd disagree with you Cupcake, but you're as bright as they come."

Her close proximity made Laura blush and edge backwards nervously. It gave Carmilla pride to know that nothing had changed. She still effected Laura. The young Hollis had backed as far as she could go before the back of her knees hit the couch. Her body fell back against the cool leather as she looked up at Carm with large eyes. Carmilla chuckled darkly, placing her hands on either side of Laura as she bent down over her.

"See? You're getting very well adjusted, Cutie." Her lips captured Laura's for a swift kiss before she sauntered away to find a worker to prepare her order.

They had since paid, packed, and drove the couch back to the apartment. Carmilla quickly went up the stairs to her loft- because who wants neighbors- to unlock. When she'd turned around Laura was making her way up the stairs with three giant boxes, hence her warning.

"I've got this, Carm. No worries." Laura's voice was strained, breathing rough as she staggered up another step.

"Yeah? I can tell you're giving those hell, Hollis." She rolled her eyes, stepping through her door to give Laura roam to step through as she came wobbling in. Heaving the boxes to the floor in the living room, the blonde leaned on her knees to breathe.

"See? Easy peazy."

"Mmhm. Really? Yoga prepare you for that?" Carmilla edged back towards the door.

"No." Laura whined, following Carmilla back downstairs.

Being smart, Carmilla carried one box at a time, only needing to repeat the process three times. Laura learned her lesson and followed Carmilla's example. It went quicker with the pair of them working together. When it came time to put the couch together, Carmilla refused to let Laura cut open the boxes.

"Children aren't supposed to play with scissors, cutie. You'll get there when you're older."

That earned her a ball of Styrofoam and bubble wrap to the back of the head.

Laura started putting pieces of the black puzzle together, reading the instructions with a confused expression that Carmilla found adorable. It was only after 20 minutes of sorting through parts like puzzle pieces that Laura realized she was doing it alone. Carmilla was leaning against an empty box, watching lazily. Laura huffed, sliding a few pieces towards her.