four

Draco couldn't fall asleep.
He was laid next to Harry, in their tent, just staring up at the ceiling.  All he could think of was the danger he put into Harry's life. How Harry just got out of a war, and now another one was starting back up again that Harry was being forced to fix- again.

Draco tried thinking of possible ways to stop the war- to stop Harry from fighting- but they all just kept leading up to Harry running away, or Draco surrendering and being his father's captive. But either way, the war would still live on.

Surely there must be someone in the ministry who could take Harry's place- there had to be. Harry can't be the only wizard out there who can defeat death Eaters- it's not like Voldemort's back, right?

But no. It was all up to Harry- again- because the Ministry of Magic is selfish, and can't bother to look for another 'hero.'

Draco thought back to what the first war had done to Harry.
He thought about him starving himself, the cuts, the distancing, the lack of speaking- and sleep... all of which Harry may suffer through again. It pained Draco.
Of course, this time Draco was there for him- but his friends were there for him last time, were they not? They stood by him, and tried to help... which all failed.

And now Draco was worried he'd end up failing Harry. What if he did fail him, like his friends did? What if Harry went back into depression... what if he died?
He could die from the war. He could die from Draco's own hands, and those thoughts gave Draco so much anxiety... so much fear... he couldn't bare to loose Harry, not after all they've been through.

Draco almost did 'sacrafice' himself to his father- negotiate with him... but looking over to Harry, he realized he couldn't- for not only his own, but for Harry's sake as well. Leaving Harry would... ruin him. Both of them. Draco's been there for Harry, they've been through so much... if Draco left, Harry would be devastated. Harry would try and get him back- probably dying in the process. And Draco couldn't bare that thought.

Draco looked down at his watch; it was 5 o'clock in the morning- he had to wake Harry up. They agreed on not staying in one place for too long- five hours at the most. They only really got two-to-three hours of sleep- Draco usually got none.

He turned to Harry and shook him slightly, "Harry, we need to go. It's five am."

Harry groaned.

"Harry."

He furrowed his brows and swatted Draco's hand away.

"Harry, we have to-" Draco's sentence was cut off when Harry pulled Draco into him; cuddling him.

"Shh, luv, five more minutes." He cooed.

Draco blushed but quickly gave into the warmth of Harry. It felt nice. He felt protected. He closed his eyes for a few seconds- He doesn't know when- or how- but he fell asleep.

~*~

Draco woke up to light shining through the tent. He shivered and wrapped the comforter closer to him, before realizing something was missing.

Harry.

Draco sat up instantly and looked around the tent. Of course, the tent was bigger on the inside- hell, they had a whole bed in there- but Harry was no where to be seen.

"Harry?" Draco called out.

No answer.

Draco's heart just about jumped out of his chest- surely if someone came into the tent in the night he'd notice... he'd hear someone- Harry would scream, wouldn't he?

Draco threw the comforter off and rushed outside, into the oddly warm morning.
It had to be around eleven AM. The sun was shining on the dewy grass and trees; reflecting off the dew drops.

He called out Harry's name once more; "HARRY?!"

It was silent- other than the birds chirping.

Draco swallowed, and he was about to call out Harry's name again, before he noticed a figure walking towards the tent.

"Harry," Draco breathed, recognizing the shaggy black hair instantly.

Draco didn't think twice before running into Harry and wrapping his arms around him.

"Woah, Draco, you're going to knock the water out of my hand." Harry laughed, putting his free arm around Draco.

"Don't scare me like that ever again." Draco mumbled; his voice muffled from Harry's shirt.

"What do you mean?"

"You just left!" Draco hissed, "I was worried!"

Harry laughed, "I wouldn't leave you."

"I was scared someone took you." Draco pouted.

"You really think I'd give up without a fight?" Harry chuckled and moved his hand up to Draco's hair.

Draco sighed and shook his head.
They stayed in silence for what seemed like ages, before Harry broke it, "Draco, my arm's going to fall off, I need to bring this back to camp."

Draco moved his head to look at what Harry was carrying- a bucket of water.

Draco reluctantly let go of Harry and walked back to camp with him, hand in hand.
It almost felt as though they were running away again- without any problems... touring the world.
But of course, Draco wasn't that gullible. He knew something bad would happen- and he feared it to be soon.
Something in his gut told him not to let his guard down, and to take advantage of his small moment of contentment.