Chapter 8

The next morning, you and Bucky walked upstairs to breakfast like usual. Of course, everything in you was holding back from continuing where you left off the night before.

"You know I want to kiss you," he said, looking right at you.

"I was just thinking about that," you smiled.

He pulled you close and you tried to speak, fighting off the urge to plunge into him. "Just a quick one, Buck... I got a little... brush burned last night. Pretty sure that would be a dead giveaway that we were just making out in the stairwell."

"Aww," he sighed, brushing over your face lightly with his thumb. "I'm sorry, I never even thought about that." He started planting soft kisses all around your face. "I'll be more careful."

Acting normal at breakfast was a little bit of a challenge and you found you couldn't even really look at Bucky because if you did, the corners of your mouth started to crack. It looked to be much the same for him when you did look over at him. It wasn't much easier looking at Natasha, who was smirking at you anytime you made eye contact.

"Hey gang, what am I missing this morning? - It's awful quiet in here," a voice came from the doorway behind you. You turned around to see Tony, just about to put a hand on your shoulder.

Working out went a little easier, you were really focused on something and that helped. After lifting weights, you were on the treadmill when Natasha popped up on the treadmill next to you.

"So you're really not going to tell me anything?" she asked.

"Not here, not now," you smiled, looking straight ahead.

"How rude," she joked.

"You ladies having fun over here?" asked Steve as he walked by.

"Sorry, Steve," you said.

"No, it's okay," he smiled. "I was coming over to check on you... you were awfully quiet this morning. Everything alright?"

"Oh yeah, thanks," you tried to act normal, you weren't really sure if you were pulling it off. "I think I'm just a little tired today."

"Okay," he said, patting you on the shoulder with a smile. "Catch a nap before tonight then."

"Will do, Cap," you said, trying to look enthusiastic. You turned up the speed on your treadmill as he lingered for a second and then walked away. Natasha just shook her head at you.

"How was that?" you whispered.

"Nailed it," she laughed. "He's gone."

You slowed the treadmill down and looked at her, catching your breath.

"You still like him?" she asked.

"He's so sweet, I think I'll always feel that way when he's around... to a certain extent. But the percentage is definitely shrinking." You gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm guessing there's another person who has something to do with this... how was your pizza party on the roof?"

A smile started to overtake your face as you looked at the settings on the treadmill. "I'm in big trouble, Nat."

She laughed, "Yeah, I can tell."

"Can I come up to your room later to get ready?"