XIII

EMAIL

FROM - graciegeorgedesigns@gmail.com

TO - elliepotts11@gmail.com

SUBJECT - A Break

(4:56 PM, 28.01.2017)

Dear Ellie,

I know you're probably confused. To be honest, I am too. I think it was more an impulse response to deny your apology, but when I thought it over, I realised that I'd made the right choice.

Please don't take this as me wanting to simply 'throw away' our 12-year friendship. I would never do that to you, Ellie, and I hope you think the same thing in return.

If you didn't think that, you wouldn't have sent me that email in the first place, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. You have all the right to deny my apology, just as I did yours.

For one thing, you lied. You said that it wasn't as bad as year 12, but in that email, right there, you say that it is. Ellie, friendships involve trust.

For another, that thing about you wanting to be 'the only person in my life'? It was incredibly selfish. You were always going to have to share me sooner or later, and I think that so far you've done a terrible job. Me and Mackenzie are incredibly happy, and no one (not even you) would ever be able to change that.

Ellie, I think we both need time. You were keeping secrets from me, and I have some secrets of my own that I'm not comfortable sharing.

Like I said before, I don't want this friendship to end. We've dedicated too much of our time to this to end it now and give up. However, I do want to take a break. Me and Mackenzie should be in Adelaide for the next few months, because our class breaks have started. You'll be in London (for reasons unkown).

When we're both back, let's rethink this, okay? We've stood by each other's side for so long that I think we got sick of each other. Why else would we have been fighting so much? I hope you have an incredible time in London.

Yours Sincerely,

Gracie George

'Gracie G Designs'

Creative Manager

INSTAGRAM

DIRECT MESSAGES BETWEEN @elliepotts_ AND @harrystyles

(5:05 PM, 28.01.2017)

@elliepotts_

hey harryyyyy

lol imagine you actually reading messages

wild

anyway

what was i going to say?

oh yeah

my ex-best friend just sent me the most sickeningly formal email

it was just so ugh

ugh

you know?