XXI

this chapter is all text

oopsies

hahaah 'social media story' hahaha

(it's like full of cute moments as a thank you for 1K xx)

~~~~

Crap. Crap. Crap.

That was essentially all Ellie's brain could think as she tried desperately to process the fact that Harry Styles was standing in front of her.

She genuinely could not tell if she was mad at him, terrified, or slightly happy to see him, and it could easily be a mixture of all three.

After all, this was the boy who'd been completely ignoring all of her messages.

He was also the boy who had seen all of her stupid depressed ramblings. It had only been a few weeks since she started those, but there was enough on there that he could easily hate her. After all, it was so easy for everyone else to hate her.

Then, there was the third point. Over the few weeks, Ellie had formed a fairly uneasy friendship with Harry. Also, she may or may not have still possessed a tiny crush on him. Just a bit.

It was safe to say that the emotions inside her head were already running wild, and the fact that she and Harry had been staring at each other for what seemed like hours didn't calm her heartbeat. She was fairly sure that if it beat any faster, she'd have a full on panic attack. Then Harry would just think that she was even more pathetic.

"Ellie?" Oh dear lord. His voice was so incredibly deep that Ellie genuinely had no clue what to do. Did she reply and risk stuttering like an idiot? Or did she just look away, find the nearest bathroom, and run into it to hide?

Her brain was certainly leaning more towards the latter, but she didn't have much of a choice - the words were already leaving her mouth.

"H-hi." Then, Harry pulled a move which Ellie would never in a million years thought she would ever hear. He goddamn laughed. Damn, Ellie was surprised she didn't kiss him right then and there.

"It's good to know you're as nervous as me," he said, smiling slightly. There was a hint of something in his eyes, some sort of emotion floating around in all that green.

"You're Harry Styles though."

"Your point, Ellie Potts?"

"You really shouldn't be nervous. You've performed to gigantic arenas before. I'm just one girl."

"You're a lot more than just one girl, Ellie. You're worth a lot more."

"Well, if I was worth more, why did you ignore me for five days?" With that, Ellie turned on her heel and acted on the second option in her brain - she walked a lot faster than her average speed to the closest bathroom. Sometime during their conversation, Amelia had left, presumably to go home in her car.

Ellie's heart was racing, a kilometre every minute (or at least that's what it felt like to her). Her hands were shaking, and her breaths were coming out short and fast. Was she having a panic attack? Ellie knew all the symptoms were there, but she kept walking. The jumble of thoughts in her brain would go away if she could only sit down for a minute, right? Never mind her quick breaths, or her trembling hands, or the slight sweat she could feel beginning to form.

It felt like the ballroom was stretching on for miles, and the thoughts in Ellie's head were swirling even faster now. Every beat of her heart brought a new one - and there were a lot of beats.