Fear

A/n: Dedicated to @lozz240bladeblaze Thank you so much for your continued support on all my books. It means a lot to me.  

It had been a year since Gouenji and Kira's wedding and two years since Kira's almost fatal war injury

It had been a year since Gouenji and Kira's wedding and two years since Kira's almost fatal war injury. She was now the empress of the Inazuma Kingdom and the royal castle was her home. She lived happily with Gouenji who loved her more than anything and whom she loved with all her heart. But after her recovery, Kira never went back to being Inazuma Kingdom's knight. Before she could get in perfect shape again and return to knighthood, she married Gouenji and moved to the castle as its new Empress.

Gouenji hadn't forgotten the ominous day when he held Kira's limp and almost lifeless body in his arms struggling to hold his tears back and screaming her name urging her to wake up. He still shuddered a little every time the moment flashed before his eyes. But his heart found solace every time he saw Kira in front of his eyes, safe and sound...

...but melancholic.

Gouenji knew what was going through her mind but he pretended he didn't see anything because he was afraid that once Kira found the encouragement to ask what she wanted he would have no other choice but to grant her wishes, something that he just could not agree to. So he pretended to ignore her solemn expressions and her sombre eyes even though it hurt him to do so. He wanted to keep her safe, he wanted to make sure he never has to relive that terrifying moment again.

Kira sat in the centre of her bed, all alone in her room as she waited for Gouenji to fulfil his royal duties

Kira sat in the centre of her bed, all alone in her room as she waited for Gouenji to fulfil his royal duties. She had her unsheathed sword lying horizontally in front of her. She traced the swirly carvings on the still-sharp blade, with her fingers thinking about her past conquests. She then held it up in one quick motion and traced the entire length of the blade with her gaze.

Gouenji hastily walked towards his room as soon as the court ended because he did not like leaving Kira all by herself. Kira hated idle chatter and therefore, did not prefer anyone else's company other than him so she sat all alone waiting until the end of the day. She sometimes indulged in her hobbies like drawing and taking a walk in the garden but that alone was not enough to keep her mind occupied. And thus, soon enough, her smile faded away and a dull expression took over her face almost permanently.

As he was about to take a step into the room, his eyes fell on Kira holding her sword, her face wearing a yearning expression. Gouenji froze in his spot, his brows knitting into a frown as he watched her actions, taking keen note of her changing expressions.

Kira waved the sword in a circular motion in the air and then giggled with a childlike enthusiasm. Gouenji hadn't heard her laugh so carelessly in a while. It brought great delight to his heart to see her happy. He forgot his worries for a moment and eagerly awaited her next action.

Kira then got off the bed, her beloved sword still in her hand, and made way to the centre of the large room. She took the standard stance of a swordsman, her eyes focused even though there wasn't an enemy in front of her. She then moved swiftly, her sword gracefully yet strongly cutting through the air; had it been an enemy, he would have died instantly. Once she completed the series of attacks, she calmed down again, her satin dress that was dancing around rigorously as she moved coming to a rest along with her. She now put the sword back in its sheath and put it away safely.

Gouenji then walked in, pretending he had just arrived. When Kira turned to look at him, he found her eyes sparkling with glee. She came nearer and kissed him without missing a beat.

"I missed you." She spoke with a smile.

"I'm here now." He said before kissing her cheek. He felt hopeful seeing happiness on her face.

"You seem happy today." He asked, wanting to understand Kira's state of mind.

"Nothing special, I was just going through some old things." Kira remained vague for the time being because she did not know how would he react once he heard she picked up her sword again. She had been working up the courage to bring it up at the right moment but she was scared it would worry him a lot. She remembered how anxious he was the days that followed the incident. He stayed by her side in her canopy day and night, not leaving her even for a moment. His face never changed its expression of worry and sadness until Kira was good enough to return home along with the rest of the army.

Kira knew that even though he now pretended everything was back to normal, he still feared for her safety. She understood that he wanted to keep her protected in the palace from all sorts of harms and dangers but in doing so he was overlooking the fact that it was impossible for Kira to live that way. She had always lived a warrior's life, ever since she was a little girl and therefore, could not leave that behind all of a sudden. Being a knight was her identity and without that, she felt lost in the chaos of the world.

 Being a knight was her identity and without that, she felt lost in the chaos of the world

A/n: Guys, if you like this story please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.I'd love to hear from you what you guys think of it so far. Please don't hesitate.