Together

The following morning, Kira began working on her war strategies in assistance with Kai's officials. She felt purposeful and energized as she enthusiastically worked towards ensuring their victory. But when her mind wasn't busy with thinking about her motive, she worried about the time when Gouenji would reach there and she would be forced to explain her actions. She did not how would he react, would he be angry?or would he be disappointed?or maybe he would be worried and try to stop her still. She was ardent that she would not back down from what she had begun no matter what.

The next morning she found out that Gouenji had finally arrived after all. King Isao was informed of his arrival ahead of time so he made arrangements for Gouenji's stay in the palace while the rest of the army set up camp around the castle.

After exchanging greetings from Isao, Gouenji made way to Kira. He was anxious to see her. All this time he had been thinking what to say to her. When he found her, she was conversing with King Isao's knight. As soon as she saw him, she got startled. She excused herself and the knight left giving them the space to talk.

As soon as he left, Gouenji rushed over and hugged Kira. Of all the things she had expected him to do, this wasn't one of it but she was glad that he wasn't angry.

"Are you okay?" He eagerly asked when they broke apart.

"Of course, what would happen to me?" She replied with a chuckle.

He then frowned, "You shouldn't have come all the way to here by yourself."

"You wouldn't have let me if I had waited to tell you." Was her response.

"And you know I have a reason for that. " He paused before continuing, "Now don't expect to go into the battlefield as well, that is out of the question."

"Of course I will." She asserted. Gouenji opened his mouth to say something but she cut him off, "I gave King Isao my word and it will neither be good for me nor for our kingdom if I back down now."

Gouenji stood defeated at this. He had to admit she was right.

"Just promise me you will take care of yourself." He finally said in a quiet and concerned voice.

"Of course. And when this is over, we will return home together." She gently whispered and followed it with a peck on his lips. 

A/N: Only one more chapter to go

A/N: Only one more chapter to go. At least it's longer than this one. I'm gonna miss updating this one. I had so much fun writing it. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.