Anger

Dedicated to @athenafantasy .Thank you so much for your continued support on all my stories.

Kira was reluctant to listen to any reasons Gouenji had to present

Kira was reluctant to listen to any reasons Gouenji had to present. She remained reclusive, towards everyone, including Gouenji, for several days. She did not talk to him and she did not kiss him like she always did when he returned from the Royal court at the end of each day. She remained lost in gloom, staring out of the window, towards the garden.

Gouenji could not understand how to resolve this situation and make her realize his worries. He was further distracted ever since Kira began ignoring him. Every time she looked at him, not that she did a lot of it these days, he found a look of disappointment and sadness in her eyes. He did not know how long was she going to stay that way but seeing her in this condition was breaking his heart.

But at least she was near him. He tried to convince himself to let her become the knight of Inazuma Kingdom again but every time he thought about it, he was reminded of the war two years ago. Images of her, lying in his arms in her blood-soaked and broken armor, ready to lose her grip on life any moment, flashed before his eyes. She had narrowly escaped death then and the moment he was reminded of it, he discarded every possible excuse forming up in his mind. In the end, he left everything for time to fix. He hoped that eventually, she will give up on it and will adjust in her life as the Empress.

A week had passed in this emotional commotion. Kira found herself swinging between sadness and anger, but she kept quiet about it because she did not want the situation to get worse and accidentally say something that would hurt Gouenji. It was true that he had disappointed her but that did not mean she had stopped caring about him. She now spent even more time than before busy in deep thought, her face wearing a blank expression as she did so.

One day, things ruffled a bit when Kira was alone in her room in the evening. The sun was setting which meant the court had already ended but Gouenji had gone to one of the nearby districts with the viceroy to take care of some important matter. He was not to return until night time.

As Kira decided to walk around in the palace for a little bit, she stepped out of her room but right then she came across the messenger approaching her.

"What message have you brought?Is it something from the Emperor?" She asked as he bowed in front of her.

"No, your Majesty, this is from the Kingdom of Kai. It is directly from their King Isao." He politely informed.

"That's far away from here." Kira muttered, more to herself than to the messenger. She then focused her attention on him again, "Could you not wait to present it in the court tomorrow? The Emperor won't return until dark anyway."

"Their messenger just arrived here and requested to have this reach His Majesty as soon as possible. He said it was urgent." The messenger replied.

This confused Kira. What could be so urgent?She thought.

"Hand over this scroll to me and I will make sure the Emperor reads it as soon as he returns." With that, she dismissed the messenger and returned to her room with the scroll.

She set the scroll on the table and stared at it in curiosity. She wondered what could a kingdom so far away from there would want from them and that too, so urgent. After trying to speculate for a while, she finally gave in to her curiosity and opened the scroll. With knitted brows and a focused stare, she began reading it,

Greetings from the Kingdom of Kai,

I, King Isao has reached out to you today in hopes of asking for your assistance in saving us from a dire situation. As you may have heard, after the demise of Emperor Dai, his brother Michio took over the reigns and it turned out he is even more unjust and cruel than his brother Dai and he has picked our kingdom to take over to. Just like his brother, he has sent us a warning message of a week to surrender or else he will destroy our nation. I request you to help us because it was your army who defeated Emperor Dai and therefore, I believe it is you who can save us from this calamity.

I hope you will not turn your back towards us. I eagerly await your response.

Farewell,

King Isao.

Kira was stunned as she finished the letter. There was no time to waste since King Isao's kingdom was far away and reaching there would take two and a half days. She had already decided to help them in every way she could and she knew Gouenji would do the same. But she also knew he would never allow her to be a part of this battle and the thought of idly staying back while Gouenji and all of their army gave in every ounce of effort towards saving Kai was absolutely unacceptable to her.

Kira anxiously paced around the room. She had to come up with a way to be included in this mission before Gouenji arrived. She wracked her brain to come up with any possible solution to this. Suddenly she stopped dead in her track as a solution finally dawned on her. Without wasting any time she ran outside, taking her sword with her but not before leaving a note behind.

 Without wasting any time she ran outside, taking her sword with her but not before leaving a note behind

 A/n: Guys, if you like this story please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.I'd love to hear from you what you guys think of it so far. Please don't hesitate.