Wish

It was the first anniversary of their wedding. Kira and Gouenji were both ecstatic. A huge party was to be thrown in the evening but before that, they were going to an excursion for the day. For once, Kira had forgotten all her woes and was solely focussing on enjoying Gouenji's company and it brought Gouenji, great joy to see her cheerful self.

The day went by blissfully. As evening approached, they prepared for the party. Kira put on a very expensive lavender colored dress that flowed elegantly forming an A-lined flare. As she twirled around and looked at it in the mirror, she was reminded of the Royal Ball when Gouenji had danced with her for the first time. That dress was also purple although it was much simpler and less expensive than this one. Now she had to dress according to how an Empress should and that meant she had to put on a bejeweled crown as well. She usually didn't wear it since she was in her room most of the time but when she appeared in public it always adorned her head. She was still not used to seeing herself with it and hence, she stared at her reflection with curious wonderment.

Just then Gouenji arrived and his reflection accompanied Kira's as he stood behind her. Kira smiled gleefully as she looked at him in the mirror. His robe was even shinier than his regular ones and he looked radiant with his crown shimmering splendidly.

He held her by her shoulders and turned her to face him. He stared at her for a couple of moments, visibly awestruck and then broke his silence,

"You look beautiful my Empress." He followed it with a chaste kiss.

Kira lowered her gaze as she blushed from the compliment. She adjusted her crown one last time before she was escorted to the celebration hall by Gouenji.

 She adjusted her crown one last time before she was escorted to the celebration hall by Gouenji

As soon as they stepped in, all eyes were directed towards them at once. This made Kira feel uneasy a bit and she tightened her hold on Gouenji's arm just the slightest bit. She remembered last time she was one of those people and Gouenji alone was the center of their attention but this time she witnessed it from the other side of it.

Gouenji assuredly patted the back of her hand but did not turn to look towards her. They were then welcomed and congratulated by their senior officials. Kira remembered all of these customs from last time, except now she had an entirely different perspective on it. It was both fascinating and unnerving at the same time. She looked over at Gouenji and found him completely relaxed. It came as no surprise to her since he was a part of the royal family and therefore had always been attending such parties.

After the initial greetings, it was time for the royal couple to have the first dance. Once again, Kira found herself being swayed along with Gouenji who held her close to him as the music played and everyone gawked at them.

"You're still blushing like the last time." Gouenji commented with amusement as he stared at a flushed Kira.

"It's just...I'm not used to so much attention." Kira mumbled.

"Better get used to it because now you're the Empress of Inazuma Kingdom." Gouenji declared as he pulled her closer.

"I'm trying..." Kira's voice died down as she tried to concentrate on dancing perfectly.

After the dance was over, they were once again occupied with attending the guests. This time Kira could not leave any time she wanted, she had no choice but to stay for the entire length of the evening. By the end of it, she was drastically exhausted.

As they returned to their room, getting ready to end the day, it suddenly dawned on Kira that it was the perfect time and occasion to ask for her much desired wish

"Umm, Shuuya?" She began, hardly controlling her wavering voice.

Gouenji turned to face her, "Yes, what is it, Kira?"

"Before this lovely day ends, I want to ask something of you." Kira held her breath as she continued.

"Of course, anything." Gouenji seemed oblivious to where the conversation was going. After the enjoyable day he had, he was too distracted and too tired to foresee anything.

"I want you to let me resume my duty as Inazuma Kingdom's knight. Grant me this wish as a gift for our anniversary." Kira spoke slowly and gravely so as to allow Gouenji to properly comprehend her request without any misunderstandings.

Gouenji froze as soon as he heard her. This was the moment he had dreaded for so long. He could not understand how to answer her without breaking her heart. He realized what meaning knighthood held to Kira but it was also true that he could not bring himself to accept her wish and send her right into the path of peril. He stayed silent for a while trying to form an appropriate response.

Kira got worried when she saw the rapid change in Gouenji's expression. One moment he was smiling but as soon as she finished her sentence, the smile faded away and a grim look was overcast upon his face. As he stayed silent, Kira looked at him with hopeful eyes urging him to carry out her request.

"I'm sorry Kira, but I cannot fulfil this wish." He managed to speak as he frowned intensely.

Kira's heart shattered upon hearing this. She was hopeful that if she asked it on the right occasion, he would consider it but she turned out to be wrong.

"Why not?" Disappointment brimmed her voice.

"Because!...have you forgotten the last battle we had?I cannot bear the thought of anything happening to you again." He reasoned desperately.

"I'm still here, aren't I?" Kira retorted.

"Yes but...what if...next time it's not the case?" Gouenji mumbled, worry evident in his voice.

Kira paused for a while before speaking, "I vowed to protect this kingdom until I die." She was now glaring at him.

"But you're the Empress of it now, things have changed." He reasoned.

"I'm a warrior before I'm an Empress and that won't change no matter what happens in my life." Kira declared with stern determination, tears of anger brimming her eyes. She then set her crown down, on the table beside her, with force and walked away.

"Why don't you understand what it would do to me if anything happened to you?" Gouenji muttered under his breath as he stood there torn between her happiness and her safety.

A/n: Guys, if you like this story please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.I'd love to hear from you what you guys think of it so far. Please don't hesitate.