Clash

A/N: Dedicated to @MoonSugars. Thank you for supporting me.

As said, Emperor Michio's came marching on the seventh day but it did not worry anyone

As said, Emperor Michio's came marching on the seventh day but it did not worry anyone. Inazuma Kingdom's and Kai's army stood ready to take them on. While the Inazuma army was leady by Gouenji, Kai's army's reigns were in Kira's hands so they both work together. When the two forces joined, they weren't outnumbered and hence, this battle seemed easier than the previous one they had to face.

However, this did not mean that the battle wasn't fierce. Michio's people were strong and hence it wasn't easy to defeat them. It took effort to bring them down as each soldier fought with them in a one-on-one duel. Gouenji and Kira, both, made their way towards Michio who stayed secured within the circle of his army, guarded by his knight while King Isao stayed near the castle with a smaller part of his army, guarding its entrance.

The battle went on unchanged for a while but eventually, they seemed overpowered by Michio's army as they moved closer to the castle's gates.

"We have to reach Michio faster!" Kira yelled to Gouenji, who was about five feet away from her.

"You're right!" He barely managed to answer as he was clashing against a soldier.

Kira ran, or tried to run towards the centre of what seemed like a sea of soldiers waving her sword wildly on all sides, slashing through them but not really stopping to end their lives leaving their injured bodies crash to the ground. She looked to her side, her eyes searching for Gouenji and found him just a little behind as he had moved after her. They glanced at each other for a brief but meaningful second, right before Kira clashed against Michio's knight while Gouenji forced Michio to spring to action.

Sword crashed against sword as both sides struggled to tip the result of such mass destruction, t their side, neither of them giving up and making sure they stay on their feet in the harsh sunlight. Kira was determined not to repeat her previous mistakes and cautiously defended each blow.

Their duel went on for five full minutes and Kira began to feel jaded but she didn't even have enough time to wipe the sweat off her brows let alone relax her muscles for a second. Meanwhile, Gouenji also struggled against Emperor Michio. He was even more aggressive and brutal than his brother Dai, Gouenji realized.

 Somehow between intense strikings, they found a quick second to glance at each other and they both realized that the other couldn't go on like this for long. They both had to bring an end to this soon so they gathered every last ounce of energy left in their bodies and charged towards their opponent one last time. If they failed there was no saving them, it would all come to an end.   

Michio and his knight took a step back as they received a forceful strike against their swords and they struggled to keep their stance. They had thought they were about to overpower their opponents and had let some of their guard down preparing for their final attack but before they could do so Gouenji and Kira had beat them to it. Now they found themselves in a dire situation with no way to escape. They struggled to hold ground as best as the could but a couple of moments later, they finally could no longer hold it and gave way.

As their enemies fell to the ground, Gouenji and Kira suddenly felt mentally relieved. They turned to look at each other for a moment and as if coming to a silent understanding, together they raised their swords and delivered the final blow on each of their combatants. Their lifeless bodies fell to the ground and with it once again the war against evil was won.

Gouenji and Kira, both, exhaled a sigh of fatigue and fell on their knees in exhaustion, laying their blood-soaked swords beside them. They were struggling to catch their breath as they panted, ignoring the aftermath as the remaining of the enemy soldiers hastily retreated to avoid being captured or killed. After a while, they raised their gazes to look at each other, sweat and dust covering their faces and their armors stained with blood in several places, most of which was not their own.

They took off their helmets since there was no harm now and took a deep breath. Kira then reached out and took Gouenji's hand in hers,

"Look, I'm fine." She said with a loving smile, "Now every time the thought of me being at war will occur to you, all you will remember is this victorious expression on my face. I hope I have replaced your memories."

Speechless at her words, Gouenji remained staring at her for a while. He now realized he had been letting his fears take over him for too long. He felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his heart. He shifted closer and hugged her tightly in one sudden move. They both closed their eyes as they internalized the blissful relief that washed over them as each held the other, safe and sound in their arms.

When they broke apart, Gouenji got up and extended his hand for Kira to hold. As she held it and got up she nodded as she heard Gouenji say,

"Let's go home."        

A/N: Here goes the last chapter

A/N: Here goes the last chapter. Hope you all had just as fun reading it as I had writing it. Please don't forget to VOTE and leave a COMMENT. Bye!              

P.S- No animals were harmed in the making of this fic.