01

"again?" jimin asked, as he sat at the kitchen counter, sipping his lukewarm coffee, watching yoongi on the terrace. the wind blew in the smell of nicotine that even after three years, jimin could never get used to.

"we've been through this. it's a bad habit, i know. but if you want me, you gotta except this," yoongi went on, staring down at the ground 20 floors below them through lidded eyes.

the boy hummed in response, rolling his eyes.

jimin watched as yoongi turned, taking one last swig of his cigarette, before tossing it into the tray. He lazily staggered through the glass doors, sliding it close before fiddling with the buttons of his collared shirt.

jimin's eyes examined his boyfriend's neck, his gaze focusing on the few red blotches that were there. ones that looked exactly like hickies that jimin sure as hell didn't make.

"what the hell is that?" jimin asked, getting up, letting his fingers run across the marks on the pale male's skin.

yoongi quickly swatted the boy's hands away.

"it's a rash," he said, quickly replacing his collared shirt with a turtle neck pullover, the zipper beginning at the top of his chest.

"oh. . .okay," jimin responded, pausing in between his words, his eyes searching yoongi's, not even looking for some sort of truth because he already knew it wouldn't be there. it never was.

yoongi turned away from the boy after what felt like hours of staring back at him, searching for any sign of belief that he sadly knew the younger was starting to no longer have in him.