03

the spell of soju and beer clung to jimin's clothes as his hands groped the walls, feeling for the light switch in the entrance to his apartment. he kicked off his brown chelsea boots, lazily replacing them with slippers.

"where have you been?" yoongi asked the boy, breathing out smoke as he lay sprawled out on their couch.

"out," jimin answered, rolling his eyes. it was a friday and jimin worked in an office as a magazine editor. where else would he be besides a company dinner that he was forced to attend.

"don't get fucking smart," yoongi hissed.

jimin dragged his body to the kitchen, yoongi following close behind. The boy grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, and took a sip as he let his eyes study yoongi who watched him.

"what?" jimin asked before filling his mouth with water to stop himself from asking yoongi about the fuchsia smudge on the collar of his shirt.

"i just like love looking at you. you're ethereal, you know" yoongi cooed, a smug smile threatening to form on his lips.

jimin studied yoongi's eyes looking for a hint of bluff but finding none.

"what the hell are you trying to do?" jimin asked, his gaze shaking as he struggled to keep eye contact with yoongi, after slamming his water bottle on the counter.

"what are you talking about?" yoongi asked, a genuine look of confusion carving into his face.

jimin walked up to the boy, studying his once crisp white shirt that was now smudged in vibrant shades of deep pockets pink. he let his fingers graze yoongi's swollen lips before leaning in closer, the soft smell of flowers wafting off of the male.

"are you fucking serious right now?" jimin asked, his voice low and soft.

"what the hell are you talking about?" yoongi asked, his voice rising.

"you were obviously with someone else, right?" jimin asked, already knowing the answer.

yoongi scoffed, faking the look of hurt in his eyes as he reached out to grab jimin's hand.

"wow, it's amazing how good you are at lying. if i didn't know better i might actually believe you," jimin answered, pushing yoongi away.

yoongi stared at the boy, disbelief evident on his face.

jimin looked back at the male, his eyes burning.

"don't do this. . .don't play the victim. don't act like I can't fucking see what's obviously infront of me," jimin yelled, his voice shaking.

yoongi's expression hardened as he gripped jimin's wrist.

". .yeah, this is lipstick. .and there are hickies. but this doesn't mean I don't love you jimin. i'm stressed at work and you know that," yoongi said, his eyes growing softer.

jimin furrowed his brows as he stood there, frozen.

"i could've had any man and any woman I wanted. but I chose you," yoongi said, his hands moving from jimin's arm to his hand.

jimin laughed at that. his eyes formed into crescents as he leaned over to catch his breath as if he heard the best joke of the year. he looked back at yoongi, who stood there confused before grabbing his bag filled with work related things before walking out of the door, his boots in his spare hand.

yoongi could hear the door slam shut, the mirror in the entrance of their hallway shaking slightly. He closed his eyes tightly, his teeth tugging at his bottom lip as he blinked back tears that threatened to fall.