06

it was jimin now who was waking up at 2 in the morning to open his door as he struggled to wipe the sleep from his eyes.

jimin watched as his swollen faced friend staggered into his entrance, the smell of beer wafting off of him, as if it was some sort of body spray he sprayed on himself before leaving the house.

jimin felt an overwhelming amount of empathy towards the boy as he engulfed the younger in his warmth, rubbing small circled into his back, trying his best to sooth him.

". . .im sorry," jimin said, his quiet voice rang through the soundless apartment as he guided jungkook to the couch.

"what are are sorry for?" jungkook asked, his voice horse and words slightly slurred as he sunk into the couch, his eyes focused on the ceiling.

"i don't know. i guess i'm sorry it had to be her. sorry it had to be him," jimin said, leaning into the couch too, his eyes studying jungkook.

jungkook forced a laugh, focusing his gaze to jimin.

"she came home just like how you seen her leave here, i'm assuming. Her shirt half buttoned, lipstick smudged, one shoe on. and when i finally realized what was going on, i was so angry. so fucking angry. i wanted to rip yoongi to shreds, but she told me no one was to blame but myself. she said it was my fault for not noticing sooner, because i was too busy being in love with someone else," jungkook head rested on the back of the couch, his body turned to the side slightly as he studied his hands.

"you didn't love sua?" jimin asked, confused by the numerous amounts of effection they showed towards each other. the way he looked at the girl was a look of pure love.

"i did. . .but she was always the distant one. . .and over time someone else made me feel happier," jungkook went on, trying to change the subject.

"so. . .who is it?" jimin asked, the corner of his lips curling up into a smile.

jungkook shook his head with little effort, letting it fall against the couch one again.

jimin rolled his eyes before fixing his eyes around them, the only light the had was from the light pouring out of the kitchen, and the sun that just started to wake up, greeting them from the windows.

"you".

jimin faced jungkook slowly, slight confusion showing on his face.

"the person i love. . .its you," jungkook went on.

"the liquor must be talking. . .you're joking. . .right?" jimin studied the boy's face for any sign of a joke, to find none.

"no," jungkook shook his head slightly, his eyes never leaving jimin's as he waited for some sort of response.

jimin just sat there in shock, trying to understand the situation and sort his emotions.

"i-i don't know what to say," jimin said, in a daze.

"don't say anything. i just thought i should say it now, or i never'll be able to say anything," jungkook said, his teeth tugging at his bottom lip as if he wanted to say more but was holding out.

"do you want to say something else?" jimin asked. nothing else could be crazier then the confession he got.

"i think. . .im gonna leave now," jungkook said, getting up from his spot on the couch.

jimin wanted to tell him to stay, that it was okay but he just nodded, walking the other to the door.

"jimin. . ." jimin looked out of the door that was inches from closing, opening it again apon hearing his name being called.

"can i . . .hug you again?" jungkook asked, a look of pure sadness shown on his face.

jimin couldn't help but laugh as he open his arms wide, ushering jungkook to fill the space.

jungkook wrapped his arms around the other tightly, his head resting in the crook of jimin's neck.

jungkook pulled away from the other slowly, his gaze never wavering.

jimin struggled to avert his gaze, shifting slightly in jungkook's grasp.

jungkook brushed his lips against jimin's before glancing back at jimin, who stood frozen. the boy connected his lips to the elder, for what seemed like forever before jimin pulled away.

"i-i'm gonna go inside now. . .get home safely," jimin said quickly retreating into his apartment, as jungkook stood half sober in the hallway letting guilt consume him.