The Funeral

*Josh's POV*

I wake up. I grab my phone to see the time, it's 1:30. I rub my eyes then start getting up out if bed. I shower really quick then grab a black dress shirt and some black skinny jeans for the funeral. I hop in the car then go to pick up Skyler.

The car ride is silent the whole time besides the radio that plays silently in the background. When we arrive at the out door funeral home I get out of the car then open the other door and help Skyler out of the car. We hold hands as we walk through the grass towards the where the ceremony is being held. When we get there I see about 8 people there. My cousin her husband and her 2 kids, my aunt, my grandma and grandpa, my other cousin. I haven't seen any of them in over 5 years. We all have the same dead look in our faces and my aunt and cousin have makeup running down their face that shows they have been crying. My aunt looks at me with and angry expression on her face as if this was all my fault he's dead. The wind slowly and softly blows through my hair and the sky is dark and foggy. I let go of Skylers hand and walk towards the casket. I look down on the black painted wood and think. I wonder what my dad looked like after the crash, was it really so bad they couldn't even cover it with makeup for an open casket? It's better this way though, I don't think I could take an open casket. I continue to think until I'm startled by a hand touching my shoulder, it's Skyler. She doesn't say and thing, she just looks at the casket like me.

"Why do we even have funerals?' I ask "like is it just to make us feel worse, is it just to remind you that someone you loved is gone? never coming back?"

She just stands their silently.

"I hate you." I whisper

"What?" she says back

"That is the last thing I said to him." I look at her and I try to stay strong and keep it together but still a tier rolls down my face.

Skyler grabs my hand putting her fingers between mine.

She looks me in the eye. "It's going to be ok Josh." she says in almost a whisper.

We stand there once again in silence. The past few weeks have been completely shit. Before the past 2 weeks or so Skyler has never once even seen a tier roll down my face, and now I've just been a wreck.

When everyone is seated the ceremony finally begins. Everyone's eyes are all red and puffy and I see a few tiers flow from some people's faces. When the ceremony has ended everyone stands up and walks up to the casket. My aunt is standing to my left and my cousin is to my right.

"It's your fault." I hear my aunt whisper.

"What?" I say back looking at her kinda shocked.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT!" She yells at me with tiers down her face. "THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU YOU WORTHLESS SHIT! YOU KILLED HIM, YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

"....I.....i..." I start to panic and tiers start running down my face.

Suddenly I wake up. When I wake up I'm shaking and crying. Skyler looks at me with concern in her eyes.

"Josh, are you ok?"

"Hu? Y-yeah I'm f-fine." I say as I wipe the tiers from my eyes.

Skyler tightly holds my hand for the remainder of the ceremony.

When the ceremony is finally over everyone slowly walks away, no one stops to say anything to anyone, just like they have for the whole time we where here they completely ignore one another.

When we finally get to Skyler's house we just sit on the couch and cuddle for a little bit.

"Skyler?"