Chapter Four || Flowers and Grass

Picture shot by me.

Hogwarts life soon drew me in and helped me forget whatever had been troubling me on the very first day. The next day one of the prefects showed me the castle, telling funny stories every time we went by some place he had some fond memories of. He seemed to be just as lovely and nice as everyone I had met in that place. His name was Rubeus and he was exceptionally helpful.

- So, what's life like... where you're from? - he asked me, as we climbed up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room.

- Well, it's certainly nothing like here, - I smiled. - We have a much smaller castle and much smaller grounds. In fact, everyone just seems less happier where I come from. We're all too busy trying to keep warm and not breathing too much lest we use up all the oxygen we get in the mountains, - I joked, poorly, I thought.

- I see. In any case, don't worry about fainting here, - the boy smirked and I could swear I saw something flirty in his eyes. - You'll be spending most of your time with us Gryffindors and there'll always be someone to pick you up from the floor...

We exchanged glances and I smiled, despite myself. The vision of Remus Lupin carrying me back into my compartment the other day erased the smile off my face.

- You all right?

- Yes, yes, I'm fine.

- Flibertigibbet, - Rubeus said to the Fat Lady and into the Common Room we went.

My busy timetable and new acquaintances soon engulfed me. I was the only one sorted out into Gryffindor, so I didn't spend a lot of time with the other exchange students. A whole week had almost gone by and I still hadn't seen Remus again.

It bothered me that in my mind I was still calling him by his name. Maybe my mind just refused to acknowledge that someone who had started our acquaintance in such a lovely, nonchalant manner was someone I was in a subordinate position to. He had been appointed my tutor and yet I hadn't seen him since that night in the Great Hall.

My paranoid mind was sure he was eluding me. After all, I had lied to him.

One day, however, something wonderful happened. As I was opening my window in the Gryffindor dormitory, a beautiful owl flew in, a small piece of parchment in its beak.

I took the parchment gently from the owl and reached out to pet it, but it was gone just as soon as it had come.

Intrigued, I sat down on my bed and opened the parchment.

"My dear Miss Limber,

I would like to present my sincere apologies for not being in touch for the last week.

Urgent matters have detained my being the perfect tutor right from the start of your Hogwarts life. Please believe me when I tell you that starting from Friday, I shall be available for one-on-one sessions whenever you feel like it.

Best wishes and thoughts,

Remus Lupin"

I smiled as the same warmth I'd felt the first day on the train swept through me. Remus Lupin. He had a strange name, one that made me think of flowers and grass. I looked around me and smiled to myself again.

"Whenever you feel like it".

If you liked this chapter, please comment and vote :)