A Normal Day Gone.. Well... Surprising

"Angel! Angel come here!" I turned around, spotting my old friend from grade school waving me over. I put my book down and walked over.

"What's going on Jaz? Somethin' wrong?" She pushed her chocolate colored hair out of her perfect emerald green eyes as she bent down to pick up something. She handed me a box; it had no name or address at all, except for mine. 'Strange,' I thought. 'Now who could this be from?....' I was going to open it but Jaz stopped me, saying that we had to go to the library. And for once, I didn't want to go.
************************************
"Alright Jaz! Call me later!" I yelled to her as she drove off. I walked into my house, and immediately felt watched. I looked around, trying to get a sense of what it was that watched me. After a minute I shrugged it off, dismissing it as a, suspicious feeling, something I had all the time when I was a kid.

I put down my books on the table; Thermonuclear Astrophysics, the art of martial arts, a cook book, and Garfield comics. As I pulled the strange box over to me, my cat, Lucy I named her, jumped onto the table. "Mrrow?" She questioned. I shrugged as she laid down next to me, "Don't know Luce, it just popped up at the door. What do you think it is?"

Lucy sniffed the box and scrunched up her face; it's what she did whenever she didn't like something. I shrugged and petted her head before opening the box to find a tablet inside. It looked pretty expensive. Now, who could've sent this to me? I thought. I gingerly picked it up and tapped on the screen and it lit up.

I gasped quietly as a face popped up on the screen; a man. His skin was the color of mocha and he had an eye patch over his left eye. He had a stern expression on his face, it was so stern it said, I don't have time to play games. Lucy shrunk under his gaze and slipped into my lap.

"Miss Angelina Johnson?" He asked. I nodded, speechless. How did he know my name?! "We have recently learned that you have a gift." I looked at him through narrowed eyes; I didn't know who this man was, who he worked for or anything! I'm getting some answers first! "And who might you be? You seem to know more about me than I know about you." He cocked a brow before responding.

"Miss Johnson, my name is Nick Fury. I'm the director for an intelligence organization called S.H.I.E.L.D. We are asking you to come work for us seeing as though you have an unparalleled knowledge for your age and we could use that right about now." It was my turn to clock my brow in speculation.

"And what do I get from working with you and your organization director Fury?" He told me that I would have a free living and working space, no payment needed. And that I could keep my cat which I'm happy with.

I though for a moment before asking Lucy, "What do you think?" She eyed Fury and meowed in a way that said, Do what you want, as long as I have food. I looked at Fury and said, "I'll do it. When do I come in? What do I work on? Who will I be working wth?" He chuckled and said that he'd answer my questions later.

"We'll pick you up in 2 days; So get packed." The call ends and the screen goes black. I sighed moving Lucy off of my lap. I pick up my phone and dial Jaz's number. "Jaz? Yeah hey, about that movie night next week?..."
************************************
Sorry for the short chapter! I haven't worked on this in a while so I wanted to get this to you guys as soon as I could! Hope you like it!