Recruitment... And Then Some....

"You want me, to do what.. With who?" I questioned Fury as we walked through the winding and twisting hallways of the Helicarrier. "You heard me Angel, as soon as we get Romanoff from her intel. mission in Russia, you have to go to Calcutta and grab Dr. Bruce Banner-" "You mean the Bruce Banner? The HULK Banner?!" I cut him off. He looked at me with a blank look, "Yes. You are going to get him here so that we can track the cube-" "But what if he gets angry at me dad!- I mean... Director.."

He sighed and said, "You can do this. Besides, you'll be needed on this team too." I looked at him wide-eyed. "Say what?" I deadpanned. He smirked and said, "What, I haven't told you? You're going to be on the team as well." With that he continued walking down the hallway, leaving me with an open mouth. I quickly shut my jaw and ran off to catch up with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, now what?" I asked Natasha, who has returned from her mission in Russia, and decided that she would be my other 'sister'. You know, despite her cold hard image, she's actually really nice and funny. "Well right now, we're just gonna bait Banner into coming with us, and then we head back home." I nodded and sat back in my seat on the jet.

She looked at me, a small grin on her face. "You alright kid?" I turn my gaze over to her and sigh, "Not really.. I mean, yeah, I'm nervous considering that this is my first real mission as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and I'm not too sure on how to act but.." I trailed off, lost in thought.

"But...?" Tasha continued. "But I'm just new to this, you know? I mean, just a couple months ago, I was happily doing my job in the small, somewhat quiet town of Kansas City, Kansas. And then one day I was suddenly asked to come and work for this organization I've never heard of before."

Tasha nodded in understanding, "I understand where you're coming from a little bit. You're just a small town girl, never really had any excitement in your life besides high school and college life. You're suddenly brought into this mess, leaving your comfy home, friends and family to go work somewhere you had never thought or even heard about."

I looked at her, astonished. She read me like a book! I mean, yeah, I gave her some hints about why I was so worried and nervous, but I never told her all that! "How did you-?" "I read you like a book. It was all in the expression." She smiled, and listened to the man piloting this contraption.

"We land in about 5 minutes. Any other worries you want to share?" I nodded and thought carefully about it. "Will we all make it out of this alive..?" She looked to me, a sad look in her eye, and I felt like she knew what I meant. Nick, Phil, Maria, my team, Natasha, me, and most of all.. Clint. "Well Angel... In this buisness.. There's no gurantee. But if one of us should die... Then they will be avenged."

I nodded, a newfound hope burning in my heart and soul. We landed near an abandoned house on the outskirts of Calcutta, India and waited. I wrapped a blue shawl around my shoulders, and took off my flats. I sat down behind a wall and began to meditate.

I watched a few minutes later as a little girl of maybe 8 or 9 years old, runs past me, climbs out the window, and dashes off into the dark of the night. "Should of got paid up front Banner.." I heard behind me. Tasha stepped out from behind some curtains next to us, saying, "You know, for a man who's supposed to be avoiding stress, you picked a hell of a place to settle."

Banner turned around quietly, facing her. "Avoiding stress isn't the secret." "Then what is it, yoga?" He ignored her question, looking around, almost.. Nervously. "You brought me to the edge of the city, smart. I uh.. Assume that the whole place is surrounded?"

"Just you and me." She said. I stood up, my bare feet making a soft padding sound on the ground. "And me." I quietly said from behind him, wrapping my shawl tightly around me. He eyed me, curiously. "And who might you be?" Smiling softly at him, I introduced myself. "My name is Angelina Johnson. Just call me Angel. I'm 22 and I'm a major on thermonuclear astrophysics."