I Was Right.... Damn It...

I woke up to the sun streaming in my face and the smell of breakfast being cooked. I wonder who that could be...? I smiled softly and began gathering the will to get up. I've been working with S.H.E.I.L.D for about 2 or 3 months now, and throughout that time, Clint, the man in the rafters, and I have become... Friends. Ever since that night he came in, he's been a frequent visitor himself; coming in randomly, appearing in my house before I even get home, waking me up and making breakfast for me before work...I don't know how he gets in here, and at this point..? I'm not sure that I care.

Just be grateful that a hot guy, who just so happens to be your co-worker, takes the time to get you up in the morning. It does not matter that he is your secret crush because.. He's your co-worker.. I groaned and stumbled out of bed, and into the bathroom. I saw my reflection in the mirror and I thought, Oh, now that's attractive.  I hop into the shower, chuckling at myself. I wash my hair and body, and I went to turn off the water when an all too familiar itch came from my shoulders.

I sighed, It's has been like.. a week since I last cleaned them... I relaxed and they blossomed from my shoulders. With a wing span of 6 feet, I had to bring them closer around me in the medium sized shower. I cleaned and picked out muck and grime so that my wings became a snow white. I smiled in satisfaction and relaxed again, making them disappear. Stepping out the shower, I dried off, pulled my outfit on, put my hair in a messy bun, then put on some eyeliner, mascara, and strawberry flavored lip gloss.

I put my shoes on and went downstairs to the dining room. Sliding into the chair and smiling at the plate of bacon and pancakes drowned in syrup placed in front of me. "Good morning Angel." Clint greeted, placing the cooking utensils away and coming back to set a cup of orange juice in front of me. He pecked the crown of my head before going to feed Lucy, causing me to blush.

Clint always did small little gestures of affection with me. It started a month ago, I believe when I couldn't get to sleep one night, and he decided to stay with me. "You might wanna hurry Angel! We've only got 15 minutes to get to the base!" I squeaked in surprise before shoveling my breakfast down, rushing back upstairs to get my bag, I went and kissed Lucy on her head and said, "You're getting a check up next week!" She meowed indignantly before licking my cheek.

"Come on Clint!" I picked up my car and house keys and raced out the door, Clint right on my heels. I locked the house, jumped in my car, (provided by S.H.I.E.L.D) and tore out the driveway behind Clint. We made it with about 5 minutes to spare. I sighed in relief before I got a text from Eric, (Dr. Selvig) saying that we weren't going to work with Tess, (the Tesseract) today.

I told Clint and he looked a little.. upset. I didn't have a chance to debate on it because, as fast as it came, it was gone and replaced with a look of content. "Alright. Be careful, and don't forget, we've got movie night tonight!" I chuckled, remembering that today was, indeed, Friday movie night. I nodded and went to go inside the building, when Clint put his arms around me in an embrace.

With a cherry red face, I hug him back, not knowing what to do. "C-Clint? You alright..?" He looked down at me, and kissed my cheek, oh-so dangerously close to my lips. I silently gasp. He chuckled and said, "I meant it alright? You never know what's to happen in this job. I'd hate myself if something were to happen to you, okay?" I nodded, looking down and finding my shoe covered feet so interesting.

He put his 2 fingers under my chin, and made me look up at him. "I'll see you after work, okay?" I nodded and with another hug, I ran off to meet with Selvig and the others, with only one thought, one question on my mind. What the hell just happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After mesuring, mixing, testing and noting about 7 hours later, dusk had begun to settle, and I recieved a message from Selvig, making my eyes widen considerably. "The Tesseract has turned itself on!" I tell everyone, and we rush to the lab with Tess and Eric.  Eric gave his story, saying that he had forgotten his diagram on the CMS machine down there, when Tess just suddenly turned on.