You've Got To Be Kidding Me...

Waking up, I felt, refreshed. Happy, almost. But knowing SHEILD's luck, my happiness wouldn't last. I jumped up, got dressed in my usual SHIELD attire, fixed my hair into a high ponytail, pulled on my wedge heel boots and went down to the lab. Walking I saw Tony and Bruce just sitting in front of a screen. "Hey guys. Taking a break before getting to work?" They shook their heads, making me confused. They elaborated as such; SHIELD had been doing something with the Tesseract, and they were going to get answers from Fury. "Even you have to admit Angel, Fury has been keeping us in the dark for a long while."

I nodded at what Bruce said, "Fury doesn't exactly tell us everything you know." So we sat, me watching the rising sun, Bruce and Tony just chatting idly while working on Loki's scepter, as if they were waiting on a meeting to start. (Though I doubt that Tony would go to a meeting willingly...) Fury came in quite angrily, "What are you doing Mr. Stark?" "Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you." "You're suppposed to be working on finding the Tesseract."

"And we are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. Once we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce said. "And you'll get your cube back no muss, no fuss." I turned to Tony's monitor as he finished talking. I saw a collection of secret files, seeing one that stood out quite well and said, "What is Phase 2?" Before Fury could answer, Steve strode in, anger written on his face. He slammed a gun looking object on the table saying, "SHIELD uses the Tesseract to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little too slowly for me." My eyebrows rose in shock before turning to Fury.

"Oh really now?" Fury looked between the both of us, "Rogers, Johnson, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract, that does not mean-" Tony cut him off, swiveling the monitor to face him, showing the HYDRA assault rifle diagrams. "I'm sorry Nick, what were you lying?" I was pissed at this point. "So you mean to tell me, that this whole time I was working with Selvig to see if we can use the Tesseract for unlimited, sustainable energy, for this whole planet to use... Was actually to see how we can use the energy to make weapons?"

Fury looked at me guiltily while Steve said, "You were wrong Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Right then, Tasha and Thor walked in. "Did you know about this Natasha?" I asked her, but it went unnoticed as she walked cautiously up to Bruce. "Doctor you wanna think about removing yourself from this environment?" "I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce countered. "Good point." I muttered. "Loki's manipulating you-" I chuckled humorlessly and said, "And we've been doing what at this point?"

"He didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at him." Tasha said, "Yeah, and I'm not gonna leave because you suddenly get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD has been using the Tesseract  to build weapons of mass destruction." We all sat in silence, for only a moment, staring at Fury because only he knew. He pointed at Thor and said, "Because of him." Up until this point, Thor had been pretty quiet, simply observing from his towering height. He looked confused before asking uncertainly, "Me?" I was confused as well, how did Thor have a say in this?

"Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Thor looked a little offended and said, "My people want nothing but peace with your planet-!" "But your not the only ones out there are you? And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people who can't be matched, who can't be controlled." Steve cut him off and said, "Like you controlled the cube?"

"You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form  of war." I was shocked. "Higher form?" I asked. "You forced our hand, we had to come up with something-" "A nuclear deterent. Because that clears up everything." Tony said. "Remind me how you made you're fortune Stark?" Nick asked.