It's Called A What....?

I walked outside my door, waiting. Watching the roads for a car or something. Lucy stopped next to me, an indignant meow came from her muzzle. "Yeah, yeah I hear you. I'll get you some food after work or you can wait till I get groceries!" I looked down at her. She turned her speckled head from me but purred contently nonetheless.

Where is it? Where are they? The said 12:00 pm sharp didn't they? What is it that I'm looking for anyway? I thought impatiently. I've been sitting here for about half an hour now, and I'm not to happy about having all my stuff sitting out on the front porch for half an hour.

᤾They've got 10 minutes before I head back inside. Job or not, I have no time for this. I sighed and sat down on the front porch swing. If they didn't come then I just quit my well-paying job for nothing. Lucy came and sat on my lap, she tilted her head to the side and purred. "You don't care all that much anyway do you?" She huffed and laid down.

I rolled my eyes and stroked her lithe body. She seemed to be on the pudgy side lately, and I made a mental note to get her a check up later. She's been with me for a while. My whole life in fact. Through thick and thin. From good times and some very bad times. I thought as some pretty upsetting memories came back.

I heard the sound of a vehicle of some sort flying in the sky. My eyebrows scrunched together, The airport is an hour away, and the route there isn't passed my house! I thought confused.

I laid Lucy down on the swing before getting up to see what was going on. I looked up in the sky and saw a helicopter come landing in front of my house! My jaw dropped as I stared, wide-eyed at the metal machine as it landed.

When the door opened I snapped my mouth shut, not wanting to be caught off guard. Out stepped, Fury. He walked up to you and said, "Miss Johnson?" I nodded and saw some of his men packing my things in the helicopter.

"You never told me you were coming to get me directly. In a helicopter nonetheless." He explained everything. I put Lucy in her carrier and got on the copter. Strapping myself in and watching the world go by, I noticed that we were going farther out then I expected.

"Where are we heading to Director?" I asked him through the headtset provided. "We're heading to the ground base. It's in New York." My eyes widened. New York? I lived in Kansas City! I nodded and asked, "Who will be working with me?" "Dr. Eric Selvig. He's an astrophysicist. He's gonna be working with you along with a couple other people."

I nodded once again and felt an all too familiar itch in between my shoulder blades. I shifted uncomfortably and played it off. He didn't seem to notice, and hopefully, he didn't. As he answered my questions, there was one question, that was driving me mad.

What if there's an incident? What if people get hurt? I shook that from my mind, everything should be fine from now on.... I hope. After a couple hours of flying, we landed on the ground outside the base. We got in the elevator and reached the floor.

Walking out into a sort of labratory, I looked around in awe. If there was a cave in, a lot of people could die... I watched people walk around, testing things, making parts of a machine. I looked up into the rafters  and spotted a man watching from high above the ground.

I smiled and thought, Watching from above ground. I love doing that. I looked over to the Director, and saw him call over a man. He had a 5 o'clock shadow on his face, and looked like he was a nice man. Blue eyes, in his... 40's? Maybe, I'm bad at profiling.

I shook hands with him as Fury said, "Dr. Selvig? This is Miss Angelina Johnson. She's a major in astrophysics and ethology. She'll be working with you on this project." I smiled at him as he greeted me. "So... Where will I be working?" 

"Oh, just over here next to me." I nodded and asked Fury about my stuff, as well as my pet. "In your new house we just bought for you now.  We even put a food and water dish in there for her." My eyebrows shot to the sky as I smiled at him in appreciation. They bought me a house! I walked over to my station and pulled on some glasses. They're not perscription, I just like to wear them, they make me feel smart.

"So what're we working with Doc?" I asked Selvig. He chuckled and pointed to a glowing blue colored cube in a sort of, cannon like machine. "We're working on the Tesseract." Just the name gave me chills. "....It's called a what?" I dead panned. He explained the situation, and I went back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hours of working we all decided to call it a night. We all finished up some of the work and began to go home. I put everything back in place on my desk and looked up into the rafters. I spotted the agent who sat, stock still in the same position since I got here.

I shyly smiled up at him, though I doubt that he saw me. I sighed tiredly, and realized, How the hell am I getting to my house?! Slevig patted me on the back and said, "Come on, I'll take you to your house." I grinned sheepishly, and thanked him. 

We got to my new home, and I bid him good night. I went in, locked the door behind me, found the key on the table and sighed as I sat down on the chairs in the dining room. It was nice, a lot nicer than my own house. 2 story house, a nice big kitchen, a big backyard, a couple rooms and bathrooms. A patio with a porch swing on it.

I smiled as I heard Lucy meow. She came in and hopped up onto the table. I stroked her graying muzzle and listened to her purr. I looked around, everything was in it's proper place, like I came in earlier and put everything in place myself.

Now I just have to hope and pray that they came and made my bed for me. I walked up the staircase and walked into the first room I saw. Nope, no bed. Next. I walked in a couple more rooms until the third room on the right turned out to be my room. How'd I know? There were drawers and things that I had in my own room.

I flopped down unto my bed and sighed. As I was going to drift off to sleep I noticed a person, a man, walk into my room. I stiffened, and pretended to be asleep. He walked closer to me until he was in front of my face. I breathed in deeply, noticing his smell.

Hmm.. Mint and...The woods in the morning. Nice, I like it. Now what're you doing in my house?! I snapped my eyes open and said, "What're you doing in my house? Did I not lock the door?" He was very handsome. Ocean blue eyes,  tan-ish skin, brown hair. He looked slightly surprised and said, "Just came to see if you got home safely."

I quirked a brow in speculation. He chuckled and said, "Fine, fine, you caught me. I just came to see your house. And to ask how you saw me in the rafters. It's kinda dark up there from the ground." I nodded, it was exceptionally dark from the ground. "I just have good eyesight that's all."

He nodded and began to ask me questions about my life. I answered truthfully, as I have nothing to hide... Except one thing..."What do you like to do in your spare time?" He asked. Flying around, just hang out on the clouds. Is what I wanted to say, but I managed to bite that back.

"I like to write, and play guitar." I told him. I was pretty desperate too, I told him one of the things that I never told Jaz; That I played instruments. I didn't want him to find out! He nodded and saw his watch flash. "Well, I gotta go, but wanna hang out sometime?" I nodded sleepily and turned over.

He never told me how he got in my house either.