Chapter 15 - Anti at the Airport

After a few hours of driving, Anti finally found himself at London airport. It had occurred to him once he'd started driving that he had no idea how he was going to get to the Dublin Intex branch, so he'd searched the officer's mind for a while and discovered a route to London airport which lead to Dublin, and then the route from Dublin airport to the lab.
How convenient, he'd thought.

And now he was here, walking through the doors into the reception, trying to act natural. He went up to the reception desk and, using the officer's credit card, bought a ticket. He'd noticed the receptionist looking at his black eyes but tried to ignore it. It wouldn't be a good idea to murder anyone now.

He was about to go through the metal detector when the security guard stopped him.
"Um, excuse me, sir?" He said, looking slightly nervous and constantly trying to avoid looking at Anti's eyes, "If you don't mind me asking, what's up with your eyes? Is it part of a costume or something?"
"Yeah," Anti replied simply in the officer's gruff voice, frantically searching though his mind for any excuse he could use. Eventually, he found one: "They're contacts."
"Oh, I see," the security guard said, looking sheepishly down at the floor, sorry to bother you, sir, go right in."
Anti went through the metal detector without question, glad to me out of that line of questioning. If that man had talked any longer blood would have been shed.

He found himself in a crowded room, where he figured out he had to wait for the airplane. He had just settled down in a seat when a woman wearing a stewardess outfit about Officer Turner's age walked up to him. She had light brown curly hair and dark brown eyes.
"Hi, David!" She said in a perky voice, sitting down next to him, "Out on another trip, I see! Is it for work again?"
I'm sorry, who the hell are you?! Anti thought. He plowed through the officer's memories, trying to find who this woman was. Eventually, he found her: Emily Price, a stewardess for many of David's flights. They usually bumped into each other during his various flights for work and sometimes she would be working on the very flight he was boarding. They seemed quite close, David having some secret feelings about her he'd rather not share. For a split second, Anti thought about spilling these secrets out right in front of her, just to see her reaction and to leave Officer Turner with a very awkward conversation when he woke up but quickly decided against it. Anti had a plan, and he had to stick to it.
"Hey, Emily," he said eventually, turning to face her. He wondered why she looked so shocked, then remembered the eyes. Anti mentally kicked himself.
"What's wrong?" He asked, trying to act like he didn't want to blow his brains out for being so stupid.
"Oh! N-nothing! Nothing!" Emily stammered, putting her hands up in surrender and smiling, "I just got a shock when I saw your eyes, that's all! Are those contacts?"
"Yeah," Anti replied simply, "Me and a friend are going to a fancy dress party later. I thought I'd put these in while I was at home rather than there when I wouldn't have time." Emily frowned, confused.
"I thought you didn't like parties," she said, "I thought you were a 'lone wolf' and all that. Not the party animal type."
Anti mentally kicked himself again.
Fuck, he thought, way to screw it up, Anti.
"Oh! N-no I usually don't!" He said, trying not to stammer, "It's just that...I've kinda been dragged to it, ya know? My friend wouldn't really take no for an answer..."
"Oh, I see!" Emily replied, her doubt gone almost immediately, "Yeah, we all have friends like that."

Out of the window, Anti could see a plane come swooping in and land on the runway, gliding to a stop a few feet away. After a quick search, Anti realized this was the plane David usually took.
"Looks like my ride's here," he said, standing up, "It was nice talking to you again."
"Oh, ok! Good luck with your party!" Emily replied.
"Thanks," Anti said simply, turning and walking away from Emily as fast as he could.
Thank god that's over, he thought.
What's going on? Another voice in the officer's mind suddenly said.
Oh, hello, sleepyhead! Anti said, I see you're slowly getting stronger just like Jack, huh?
Stronger? David said, Jack? What are you talking about?! What are you doing?!
Shhh! Anti replied as the officer's body boarded the plane, Calm down! I'm not doing anything too dramatic...yet. Now, you just sit right. We've got a long flight ahead of us!
Flight?! David shouted, What?! Get out of my head you-

Anti pushed himself into the man's conscience a little harder, effectively suffocating the man's thoughts and putting him back to sleep. He'd done the exact same thing when Jack had become aware during the fight with S-3-4-N. Anti didn't want to have to deal with David's whining all the way to Dublin.

He settled into a leather seat on the plane, suddenly realizing how tired the officer's body was.
I guess it's a bad idea to drive for hours, interact with other humans and then board a plane with no sleep, Anti thought. Then he sighed. Fine, I'll give you some rest. But don't expect me to let you have control again nuts because your body is asleep.
With this, Anti commanded the body to close its eyes. He could faintly hear the stewardess explain where the exits were and what to do in case of an emergency, but he didn't really care enough to listen fully. Anti had one last thought before the body slipped into sleep.

This mass murder better be worth it.