Chapter 19 - Puppet Masters

(A/N: Oh my god this story had over 1000 reads?! Thank you all so much this is amazing!!)

"So..." Anti snarled, his eyes narrowing as Dr. Jacobs approached, "You finally decide to show your face."

"Says the one who's been hiding behind other people's faces," Dr. Jacobs said, his smirk not fading, "Tell me, what have you been trying to hide?"
"Wait...Dr. Jacobs?" Chase said, stepping forward slightly to get a better look at the man stood before them, "I...I thought you were dead!"
"Yeah...that's right!" Marvin said, "You died in Anti's first attack back at the lab!...Didn't you?"
"That's what you all thought," Dr. Jacobs said. The still living scientists started to stand up slowly, staring at Dr. Jacobs the whole time. His presence seemed to fill these people with a strange confidence. "But I and a few others actually escaped. I asked the kind folks here to patch up our wounded and give us a space to recuperate. They've been incredibly nice."
"So you're the one who sent all those people after us?" Marvin said, "The man on the train, the robot Jack, the police officers in disguise?! That was all you?!"
"Of course it was him!" Anti shouted, shoving everyone aside and striding towards Dr. Jacobs, "How did you not see that?!" Dr. Jacobs laughed.
"Oh right, this all my fault. Mine and only mine." he leaned in close to Anti until the two men's noses were nearly touching, "Do forgive me, I seem to have forgotten my lines. What was it you wanted me to say, glitch?" Anti began to physically shake with rage, his eyes flaring with hatred.
"I...don't understand..." Jackaboy said quietly.
"I don't know what he's talking about." Anti snapped.
"Cut the act, glitch," Dr. Jacobs said, stepping back and letting the other scientists gather behind him. There seemed to be more of them now, (a few of them were probably reinforcements from Dr. Jacobs), white-coated men and woman of all different ages staring them down with a collective confidence. Dr. Jacobs turned to Jackaboy, "Isn't it obvious? Anti's the one that brought us all together, is he not? Surely that means he is just as responsible as me for all this."

"Shut up!" Anti screamed, the small bit of sanity he had left snapping at last "I'm fucking sick of listening to you ramble on!"
"Anti..." Jack warned. Suddenly, Officer Turner's body collapsed to the floor, dropping dead from the strain of the possession. However, instead of vanishing, Anti stood over the body. For the first time, he was physically in front of them; he looked exactly like Jack and the others, with his trademark black eyes and a slit throat, except he seemed to be glitching in and out of existence, random parts of his body jerking in one direction before returning to normal. He also had a strange aura around him now, a large black haze that started to crawl along the floor and wrap around the clones and Jack in wisps. As the wisps touched them, the group staggered and fell to their knees, clutching their heads.
"No...Anti! Stop!" Jack spat, his mind burning.
"What's happening?!" Chase yelled, visibly shaking. Anti started to laugh maniacally.
"I'll wipe that smug smile off your face!" Anti shrieked, his eyes widening with insanity, "You'll regret this! I'll make sure each and every one of you bleeds for what you've done to me!"
The black glitchy whisps tightened around the clones and Jack, causing them to moan in pain. After a moment, they all looked up slowly, meeting the scientists with the same pitch black eyes Anti possessed. Some of the scientists screamed, others ran, but a few stayed still, frozen in fear. Dr. Jacobs was the only one seemingly unaffected by this sudden demonstration of power.

Anti stretched out his hand and the egos began to lumber toward Dr. Jacobs in sync, all under the same possession. The head scientist didn't flinch, instead pulling out what appeared to be a remote control and aiming it at Anti. When he pressed the button on top, Anti shrieked and disappeared, breaking the black strands that controlled the egos. As they slowly regained their personalities again, Jack bent over suddenly, groaning, before rising back up again with black eyes.
"H-how...?" Anti stammered through Jack's voice. He sounded seriously hurt.
"I've had access to practically unlimited resources here," Dr. Jacobs said, throwing the device and catching it again repeatedly, "Not to mention access to digital versions of all of your records. I've had a long time to develop something to that could compete with your games. Now..." he continued, turning to the other scientists that hadn't run away, "Get them."