Down Hill

"You ready to leave gorgeous" he whispers in my ear, an intense shiver of discomfort washes over my body. We walk arm in arm into a private room located at the back of his house. My heart sinking further and further down my body. He closes the door behind me slowly, licking his lips as he looks me up and down. I feel the vomit making it's way up my throat ever so slightly. He grabs my face forcefully and smashes his face into mine, forcing his venomous tongue into my mouth causing my face to screw up out of disgust. "Come on now love play along" he whispers aggressively. I immediately play along, I don't want to make the scars on my back worse then they already are by not following the rules. I step backwards slowly looking down at the floor as the tears well up in my eyes, lifting my dress slowly revealing my pale, gentle skin. His eyes go from fury to hunger in a matter of seconds, he lunged forward and spins my body round so I am bent over a table, face and arms plastered against it uncomfortable. I didn't bother to fight back anymore...he was too strong. My body lay lifeless as he thrusts behind me. Tears leaking out of my eyes in silence. "Eva" I look around the dark room in confusion "Evangeline!"
My eyes spring open, meeting Johns beautiful face looking down at me panicked. "You were freaking out Eva, what were you dreaming about!?" He questions. I bring my hand up to his face and stroke it gently "dreams are just the tricksters in our head playing make believe" I smile before kissing his forehead. He looks down at me lovingly. It's been a month since we received the letter from the Delgrosso family. I didn't expect them to attack straight away, however most of the peaky blinders thought them robbing the betting shop was as far as it was going to go. If they knew that family they wouldn't be so smug with themselves. "We, should probably get up and get ready for work" he smirks before kissing my shoulder and collarbone. I giggle slightly under his touch before pushing him away slightly so I can look into his gorgeous eyes, I have to admit I have one thing to thank my father for. He did get me married to the most beautiful man I have ever laid my eyes on. "What you staring at?" John says puzzled. I tilt my head to the side like a dog "oh, just your beautiful face dear" I wink before pulling myself out of bed. I turn to see John still laid down lighting a cigarette "you know, you've got a lot more confident recently" John sniggered looking me up and down as I got dressed into a beautiful little floral dress, one of my personal favourites that has been bought for me during my duration with the Shelby's.

 I turn to see John still laid down lighting a cigarette "you know, you've got a lot more confident recently" John sniggered looking me up and down as I got dressed into a beautiful little floral dress, one of my personal favourites that has been ...

"we do have work today John, or did you forget that even existed" I say as I adjust my belt around my waist. He looks at me and scoffs before rolling out of bed and making himself look presentable. I tiptoe over to him quietly while he fastens his shirt. Standing on my tiptoes, I grab his collar and pull his face down to me and whisper in his ear "I've always liked a man in a suit" he looks at me devilishly before intertwining our lips as we pull at each other's clothes. I pull away quickly before this gets out of hand "work!" I order before running out of the bedroom. I hear his head smack against the bedroom door in defeat which causes me to snigger while I wait at the front door pulling on my shoes.

I still can't get over the staring every time I walk down the street arm in arm with John, as soon as we leave the house all eyes are on us, staring at us like we are zoo animals. But then I look back up at his face and I don't feel so uncomfortable anymore, he towers over me like a giant, which just makes me feel even safer. Do you believe you can fall for someone you got forced to marry, because I didn't...but here I am falling deeper and deeper into John's rabbit hole. We stop outside the bookies, John quickly steps in front of me and opens the door holding his arm out gesturing for me to go in, I step inside and bow jokingly to say thank you. I walk further into the garrison where I meet polly's eyes. She looks rather...angry? I walk over to her quickly "you okay pol?" I ask politely rather confused, she looks between me and John and then huffs "you all still not told her then, you fucking cowards!" She shouts towards Tommy Arthur and John. John immediately looks at the floor when I try to make eye contact with him. Arthur is stood looking extremely guilty as he uses his shoe to tap on the floor. Whereas Tommy is stood looking Pol in the eye not looking intimidated at all. I slowly walk into mine and Johns office confused and shut the door gently behind me. I walk over and sit at johns desk rummaging through all the papers on his desk trying to find the banking paper I am supposed to sort through. That's when I stumble across a bunch of letters tied together with a peace of string, all written to me. I feel the blood boil in my veins. I know exactly who they are from and my own husband kept them a secret. I pace around the office angrily squeezing the letters in my hand. I can't keep myself contained in this office any longer, I swing the door open causing it to smack against the wall. I see polly shaking her head and smirking "I tried to warn you all" is the last thing I hear before I barge into Tommy's office "Eva, what the fuck do you think your doing?" He shouts looking at the door and then back at me. "What the fuck are these Tommy, I know John kept them hidden because you told him to!" I shout holding the letters up next to me. "I told him to lock them in his fucking desk draw" he mutters flicking some papers off his desk. "All this time you made me believe we hadn't received any more letters, because I'm pretty sure I can see four here!" I continue to shout. I quickly undo the string holding them together and open one of the letters, just as I'm about to read the contents of the letter aloud John walks into the room closing the door behind him "John your just in time! Dear Evangeline, I see you have refused my offer to meet me at our special place, sadly for your beloved Shelby's this will result in the take over of their company and there deaths. Still yours Delgrosso"I spit throwing the letter at Thomas who dodges the letter and takes a swig of his whisky. "And that's only one of the letter, I bloody wonder what the other one says, shall we all read it together around a campfire" I shout about to to rip the second letter open. John lunged forward and grabs the letter out of my hand, I swing my hand around and smack him hard across the face "don't you EVER, touch me!" I say spitting on the floor before storming over to Thomas and sticking my finger up and charging out of the room.
John:
"Well that didn't go very well" Tom says scratching the back of his head, John takes of his cap and places it on the desk before rubbing his face "she's only just started sleeping in my bed Tom and become more comfortable around me, and she is back to hating me again. So yes that didn't go very well" I sigh lighting a cigarette to calm my nerves. "Well, be thankful she didn't see the other letters, we need to hold a family meeting" Thomas nodded taking the cigarette out of John's hand and smoking it.
I walked home in a hurry trying to catch Evangeline before she trashes the house. When I see a letter on the door addressed to me?