Chapter Three

AN: Thanks to Not_Very_Funny for making the new cover art for this story! It is so beautiful, and honestly I'm obsessed with it! Thanks to anyone who has continued reading and make sure you vote and comment so that I know you're loving it and I'll want to continue this!

That night when they returned home, Katherine wouldn't stop talking about how nervous she had been.

"But what if someone had brought up a story or something that I didn't know the details about? Like when Maddie or that other girl brought up the break up. I'm not even sure why they broke up. All I know is that Ryder cheated on Kat."

"Calm down. If it happens, just say you don't remember. Giving yourself an anxiety attack isn't going to help."

Before Katherine could open her mouth to retaliate, Kat's phone rang. She looked at it. Aaliyah was facetiming her. She answered, but not before Josephine moved out of the view of the camera.

"Hey, do you want me to come over so that we can go to Geoff's?" Katherine nodded. "Okay, cool. I'll bring a few dresses for each of us. And don't worry, I'll do your hair and makeup for you because I know that you're useless in that department." Katherine's eyes moved to look at Josephine.

"Hey, Aaliyah. Is it cool if that new girl Josephine comes with us? I just think it would be good for her to have some friends, you know?" Aaliyah looked at her for a few seconds before biting her lip.

"I mean, I don't know. I thought it would be just us, you know? Like usual?"

"But what if she makes it more fun? I don't know. If it doesn't work out, I won't invite her to anything else, I promise."

"I guess." Aaliyah sighed, 'What size dress does she wear?"

"The same one as me. We share clothes." Josephine shook her head wildly as Aaliyah gave her a look of confusion. "I mean, we could share clothes. I think she kind of has a cool style." Katherine's voice was a stuttering mess.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. I'll be there in 10. Love you, bye!" Aaliyah hung up.

"You almost blew that," Josephine scolded.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry."

Josephine moved the blankets from the previous night to the closet.

"I need to find somewhere to stay," Josephine said as she folded the blankets, and placed the pillow back onto Kat's bed.

"Why?"

"Because if Kat's, I mean, your mom comes in, or your little sister, and they see me? That would be hard to explain. Especially since you didn't ask for someone to stay over."

"I'm not going to throw you out into the cold like that, Josephine."

"You aren't. There's a decent hotel down the street. I'll just use my card to pay for it."

"Your card?"

Josephine nodded. "Do you remember when, right before we were sent here, they put those files in our pockets?"

"Yeah. I thought those were just papers to prove we were who we say we are. If someone happened to question us."

"Go get them." Katherine walked over to the jeans that she had been wearing and dug into the pockets. She pulled out a piece of paper and opened it, finding a card.

"What is this?"

"Basically, it's money that you can only use on food and lodging. Sometimes, the storyline of a universe requires lots of travelling. They don't want to force us to have to get jobs, or work a huge number of hours to pay for it, so we have cards. They're untraceable and will give the account of the company money without giving away where the money is from."