Day 13: Sammy

General POV

After everyone ate the food Jenny cooked last night, they settled down for a movie. Sam chose a movie about dogs and laid down with his head on Dean's lap and feet on Jenny's. Dean ran his fingers through Sam's hair throughout the movie till the movie was over. 

When the movie was over, Jenny dressed the wounds again and had Dean take Sam to the spare bedroom. Dean bided Jenny and Bobby night before heading off to bed himself. Bobby stayed up to check the seals, sigils, and locks that were put in place to keep everything out. Once that was done, Bobby went to bed himself as did Jenny. 

------Time Skip------

The next morning came and Bobby was the first to wake. He walked down the stairs and started the coffee machine. 

Bobby heard the dogs run down the halls and he knew that Jenny was up. He got down a mug for her too. The almost fully white husky, Spike, was the first one to come into view. Jenny then came into view with a bed head. She didn't really expect anyone to be up at 5 am so she didn't really change out of her sleep clothes yet. 

Luke, the German Shepherd, walked beside her and nudged her toward the food bowls. "Luke, stop it. I'm going." Jenny told the dog. Bobby chuckled, which startled her. 

"Mornin' Jenny," Bobby said. 

"Morning," Jenny replied. 

The coffee maker beeped and Bobby poured the cups of coffee. Bobby placed the cup on the other side of the table. Jenny placed dog food in the dog bowl and sat down at the table. 

"Thanks for the coffee."

Bobby nodded and continued to drink the coffee. The dogs ate the food in the bowls and then started to chase each other. 

Bobby raised an eyebrow to them. "Is this why you wanted two of them?" 

Jenny just stared at the dogs. "Honestly, I have no idea why I have both. They grew up together and I couldn't separate them." Bobby nodded and continued to drink his coffee. Jenny called the dogs over to the door after they continued to play and she let them out to the fenced in area in the back. She shut the back door and walked over to the refrigerator and took out eggs and bacon. 

"What time does Dean normally wake up?" Jenny asked. 

Bobby thought for a moment before he answered. "Whenever he smells food." 

Jenny laughed at his comment and started to get the pans out. Bobby got up and helped her.

Dean's POV

I woke up to the sound of crying. It was a faint sound, but it was still there. It was so quiet that it sounded like no one wanted me to hear it. I tried to move, but the little body on me didn't let me. He just held onto me.

There were wet spots on my neck, so I knew that he was the one crying. I slowly wrap my arms around him and start rubbing his back. 

"It's okay, Sammy. You're safe. I've got you. You're safe now." I whisper to him. He snuggles closer to my chest and continues to cry. I continue to rub his back and soothe him till he quits crying. 

Sam slowly lifts his head and I instantly see the redness in his eyes. "You okay?" I ask him. He just nods his head yes. 

I know not to push him that much, so I just ask "was it a bad dream?" 

Sam nods his head yes again. Sam climbs off the bed and starts to the door. I get up and follow his example. Sam stops and reaches out his hand. I grab it and we continue the descent to the kitchen. 

Halfway down the stairs, we are met with the aroma of bacon. My stomach starts to growl, so when we round the corner I had to make a comment. 

"What's shaken bacon?" I hear a little giggle from down beside me. It's better than how we started the day out as. 

I hear Bobby make a comment about told you so and I pick Sam up and set him in the seat. I go to the refrigerator and grab something to drink. I get Sam a little juice box and sit down next to him. Sam takes a little sip before putting it back on the table. 

Jenny and Bobby just finished cooking so they plate the food and pass it out. We ate in silence except for an occasional comment.