Natalya

I heard the sound of the phone ringing downstairs. I was too lazy to go pick it up, "Mom would you mind answering the phone." I yelled out.

"Sorry dear, I'm a bit busy at the moment," replied mom.

I swung my legs off the bed and trudged down the stairs to answer the phone. "Hello, who's this?" I asked.

"Natalya?" whimpered a low voice from the other end.

"Yes, its Natalya, who is this?"

"It's me, Angelica, there's been a slight accident downtown could you please hurry over to the L.A. Hospital as soon as possible."

"Why what happened?" I asked suddenly afraid of what the news might be.

"I can't explain right now, but I need you and your mom to come down to the hospital as soon as possible," she replied her voice cracking with each word.

"Come on Angelica tell me what happened!" I urged her.

"I'm sorry Natalya, but I gotta go." She said her voice barely audible, and with that, she hung up.

For a second I didn't know what to do, I was frozen in shock. I quickly ran up the stairs and told mom what Angelica told me over the phone, we immediately decided to hail a cab to drop us off at the L.A. Hospital.

After a short ride in the cab, we arrived in front of the L.A. Hospital, just as we paid the driver and got off the cab an ambulance pulled up in front of the hospital screeching to a halt, I couldn't see what the rush was because the sirens were switched off.

In the distance, I could see paramedics pull out a body on a stretcher and rush it through the Emergency entrance of the hospital. Then in a couple of minutes, I see Chris and Angelica climbing out of the back of the ambulance slowly.

I grabbed my mom's jacket to get her attention "Mom look!" I said pointing in the direction of Chris and Angelica.

"They're alright," I said happily. For a moment I had assumed that something had happened to Chris.

My mom and I hurried over to where Chris and Angelica were waiting.

"Hey, guys..." I said as soon as they were in earshot.

Angelica turned to look at me. Chris barely even lifted his head, he seemed to be lost in thought and his face was distorted into an expression of pain while Angelica looked distressed as if she was in a state of confusion.

I had completely misread the situation, something was definitely wrong or Chris would never act in such a way.

Tears started streaming down Chris's face suddenly and he looked me in the eye.

"I'm sorry," he broke down crying out loud. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."