Angelica Part IX

The night was beautiful, but if you looked beyond the beauty there was still danger lurking around every corner.

"Just like Hunter," I thought, he was beautiful, yet when he was after something he wanted you could never underestimate him.

"Angel," came a voice. "Wait up!" I turned to see Chris sprinting across the tarmac of the parking lot.

He came up puffing, his hot breath sending out puffs of mist into which dissolved into the darkness the night held. "I'll... I'll drop you off," he sputtered still out of breath.

"It's okay Chris, I'll meet you at the diner, besides I just need to have a change of clothes," I said.

"No, no it's fine, I'll just drop you off," he replied.

"Okay then, thanks," I said smiling in the dim light.

We turned around and walked back to Chris's car, the car was still warm from the drive we had taken earlier. So rolling down our windows we drove off to my place. In a few minutes, we pulled up at my apartment building.

"Thanks for the ride Chris," I said.

"You're welcome," he said in a low voice. "So I'll wait for you then, how long will you take?"

"Oh, that's not necessary I'll meet you at the diner it's only a block away," I replied.

"You sure? I can wait if you want,"

"Yes Chris, I'm pretty sure, thanks for the offer though," I said, and before he could say anything else I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, opened the car door and stepped out into the cool night.

I went into the building and trudged up the stairs towards my apartment, hoping my dad had either passed out or was not at home.

I opened the door to find no one at home. "Just my luck," I thought.

I decided to go take a quick shower and to wash off all traces of Hunter from my body, just the thought of his cold clammy hands on me made me shudder.

The idea of dragging the police into this matter seemed scary to me but it had to be done or who knows what more chaos they would cause in this godforsaken town.

I quickly took a shower and put on some clothes, as I was about to leave the apartment I noticed that the door was slightly open.

I could have sworn that I had closed it on my way in, but now it was slightly ajar.

The air around me suddenly went cold and I could feel slight shivers running down my back. I slowly backed up to my room as if nothing was wrong, I had a strong feeling that something or someone was in my apartment and I was alone with that person.

All of a sudden I heard a bottle crashing to the floor in the kitchen and the scraping sound of chairs being pushed aside.

Without a moments' thought, I sprinted over to my room just as I caught sight of a man in a green jacket slowly slinking towards me, taking his time as if he knew that he had already won.

Screaming I lunged through the doorway of my room and locked the door behind me. I backed away from the door and fell onto the bed.

The man didn't seem to make any attempt to break down the door from the other side, the place was quiet almost too quiet. When I heard the sound of slight breaths being inhaled from behind me, I was too afraid to turn but I spun around to see Spencer sitting comfortably on a chair in the corner staring at me, taunting me with his eyes.

Before I could even make a sound he lunged for me, I could feel a rag being placed over my mouth and nose cutting off the air to my lungs.

I tried to breathe in but the air that came in was a strong sharp scent that made me want to sputter and cough, for a second I thought he was trying to suffocate me to death when I realized the strong scent was Chloroform.

I tried to break loose but all was in vain, he was just too strong. With the lack of oxygen I started seeing red circles and felt myself fading into the darkness, my body became limp and powerless, the final thought that crossed my mind was "Chris" before I plunged into the darkness.