Angelica Part X

I woke up with an ear-splitting headache. I felt as if I was about to throw up. I tried to get up but fell back onto the hard floor, my hands and legs were tied and a gag stuffed in my mouth. Breathing was turning out to be a difficult task.

I struggled to remember what had happened. I had seen Spencer in my room, he was the one who had drugged and kidnapped me. After that, I remember waking up and seeing sand all around me in the darkness, and two guys a few feet away dressed in dark clothing, probably Spencer and one of their gang members.

For a moment I had thought that they were about to rape or kill me. I had tried to break free and screamed out loud, the gang member threatened to kill me if I didn't shut up. I was already too frightened by that point and screamed out loud, hoping any passing soul would hear me.

In the limelight of the moon, I saw Spencer approach me his bike helmet in his hand. Out of pure fear I screamed again, I gave it my all and screamed with my full possible force. Spencer lunged at me and swung the helmet at my head, everything suddenly seemed to happen in slow motion. I could see the helmet slowly approaching my head, Spencer's face twisted into a portrait of hatred. I tilted my head to the side, the helmet struck me hard. I felt as if I had been struck by lightning then slowly everything started to fade and I was once again consumed by the darkness.

Now I tried to get my bearings, but I seemed to be in an impossible situation. I guessed myself to be in the back of a van, but the van was not in motion. I was probably hidden away somewhere alone to starve to death.

"Food!" I thought. I was already starved; I had literally eaten nothing yesterday or was it yesterday. What was the day today? How long had I been out? I had so many questions all left unanswered by the silence that enveloped me.

I suddenly heard the sound of footsteps approaching. I strained my ears to pick up any sound. The footsteps came over to the back of the van and I could hear the person fumbling with the lock.

The doors opened flooding light into the van. The sudden burst of brightness temporarily blinded me for a few seconds. When my vision had resolved I could see the silhouette of a person just staring at me.

For a second I thought it was Chris and that he had come to save me. My eyes slowly adapted to the intense lighting and saw Zach standing there, grinning as if this was just some sort of a joke.

I tried to move further away from him, but the rope was cutting into my wrists and ankles they had been bound with such ferocity it was impossible to break free.

He saw me struggling and smirked, he turned to leave, leaving me alone once again. He returned in a few seconds with a bottle of water in one hand and half an apple.

"I'm gonna remove this gag, but if you scream you won't get any food and I will have to gag you again," he said softly.

I just nodded my head, I had no choice, the hunger which persisted in my stomach made me give in.

He slowly removed the gag, I held back the scream which was building up in my throat. He brought the bottle of water to my lips and I thirstily drank not stopping for even a second till it was all over. I had no method of wiping my mouth so I just lay there glaring at him. He then handed me the apple, since my hands were tied in front of me I was able to eat alone.

He decided to leave me again in the darkness. As he was closing the doors, the last thing I could see was his smirking lips through the slight gaps, right before the darkness engulfed me again.