Unwanted (Wanted) Embraces

Legolas was pulled out of his sleep into a Dreamworld. One that he remembered. The roses here were black. There was no light.

What had changed? he thought to himself.

Perhaps this was simply a bad dream. In a way, he hoped it was because he couldn't stand the thought of her world being so utterly dark.

"You're alive," a voice breathed. Relief.

A statement

A statement.

Lessien was standing there, a few paces away from Legolas. The Dreamworld got a little brighter when she said those words.

"Lessien?" Legolas inquired, making a move to step towards her.

Lessien swallowed, taking a hesitant step backwards

Lessien swallowed, taking a hesitant step backwards. Lustful thoughts filled up her head and she couldn't stand the thought of him touching her. She wouldn't be able to resist. "I am glad to see you are alive," she stated formally. "Where are you?"

"What? What kind of question is that?" Legolas asked. "I thought you were dead! You died in my arms!"

Lessien blinked. Why does he speak in such tongues? she thought to herself. "Where are you?" she asked again.

"In the East Fold, heading to Minas Tirith with Theoden and his men. Lessien, are you truly alive?"

Lessien seemed to relax a little. Her grey eyes looked Legolas over.

"Yes, I am alive. Barely so." Her image slipped and face was revealed to be gashed in on the side, red blood pouring down her cheek. Black blood stained all down her front. Her neck was an irritated red colour. Realizing the slip up, Lessien reverted to the image she painted for herself in her Dreamworld.

"I saw you die," Legolas said, thrown off by the vision of a beat up Lessien. "Have you been in a fight?"

Lessien hesitated. "Three orcs, trained assassins, came tonight. They told me you were in Mordor, being tortured. They presented me with a lock of your hair. I called their bluff, thankfully, and did not go with them to pay off their proposed ransom."