A L E X A N D E R

I sat around the table, nervously moving my leg up and down. Why were we even doing this? This isn't even real. Then why are you scared? I sighed quietly to myself, agreeing with my subconscious. I look to see my friends around the table as well: Hailey, Alex, Carlisle, Mackenzie, AJ--Short for Alexander--, Alvin, Annie, and Tyler. I'm friend with them all but Hailey and Alex do not know the rest since they do not go to the same school as us. Anyways, I couldn't help but be on edge, even if I don't believe in a damn board that lets us talk to spirits.

"Guys, is this even safe?" Carlisle asked. 

"Don't be so scared!" I responded. I'm a hypocrite since I was scared too. In fact, everyone looked nervous. The board was already out and I was holding onto the piece. I set it down. "Let's just do it and see if it works." I looked at them all and they nodded, gingerly. I honestly thought Tyler would be more of a dick in this, but surprisingly he was acting nice. Anyways, all of our fingers were on the piece and I started to move it in circles. "If there are any spirits here with us, please make it known," I said it a few more times then stopped moving. We all waited. "Is there anyone there?" I asked. The piece moved the YES I heard Carlisle squeal in fear but I, oddly, felt calm. I saw the same in Hailey and Alex. "Guys, let's continue..." They all silently agreed.

"What is your name?" I asked. It moved. A L E X 

"Alex?" I heard AJ and Alex say. But it kept moving. A N D E R. 

"Alexander?" I said confused. We looked at AJ and he shrugged. 

"What is your last name." I heard Mackenzie ask. H A M I I got up, moving my hands. 

"No! If it spells what I think its gonna spell, I'm out!" I was a mix of fear and excitement.

"Kennedy! The first rule is to never take your hands off." 

"Oh shit." Suddenly, I felt different. I felt like I was in a different place and a different time. "Guys?" I looked at them but saw no one I recognized.

"WHO THE HOLY FUCK ARE YOU ALL?!" I heard Jefferson scream. Jefferson? THOMAS JEFFERSON?! I looked over and saw him, freaking out. I looked around and realized we were all Hamilton play members. Hailey was Lafayette, Alex was James, Carlisle was Eliza, Mackenzie was Angelica, Annie was Peggy, AJ was Alexander, Alvin was Hercules, and Tyler was Jefferson. But...oh no. No no no. I felt the urge. I had to. 

I jumped on the table. "YO IM JOHN LAURENS IN THE PLACE TO BE! A TWO PINTS OF SAM ADAMS BUT IM WORKING ON THREE!" I screamed the lyrics to an oh so familiar song. I stopped then and looked around, everyone looking in astonishment. I was a guy. This is weird. I looked at Hailey and saw she was struggling the urge too. 

I smiled and she joined me. "OUI OUI, MON AMIE, JE M'APPELLE LAFAYETTE! THE LANCELOT OF THE REVOLUTIONARY SET! I CAME FROM AFAR JUST TO SAY, BONSOIR! TO THE KING, CASSE-TOI. WHO IS THE BEST? C'EST MOI!" We looked at each other and started laughing our asses off.

"THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!" I yelled. I heard only 2 sounds of agreements. Hailey and Alex. Everyone else looked in shock that we were enjoying this. 

"Mac! I'm Eliza!" I heard Carlisle yell. She looked so happy. 

I saw Alexander and hugged him. "Gotta follow the program," I said. Honestly, I felt like I was changing. Did I feel an attraction to him? No...I went to Hailey and stuck by her side. "I feel weird." 

"Me too." We just watched everyone gets used to this.

"THOMAS YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR FOOT UP YOUR ASS!" I heard Alexander yell. I laughed, wiping away tears. 

This was hilarious. "Darlin' I bet there's something else you could shove up there," Thomas replied. 

I immediately ran to Alex and kissed him. "He's mine." I glared. I looked at Lafayette and he smiled, coming over to give me a quick peck on the cheek. What can I say? No one can resist John Laurens.

Hours went by. Where are we? Who are we? I'm John Laurens. Yeah. 

I saw James come to me. "Kennedy?" I looked confused. 

"Who?" 

I saw his eyes widen. "You've forgotten too..." 

"Forgotten what?" 

"This isn't real." 

It hit me. "Holy shit! The fuck?!" I yelled. I remembered that this isn't right. We aren't who we are. I had to fix it. Obviously, no one else remembered either. I sighed and got to work trying to figure this out.

"GUYS!"I ran to them. They stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. 

"What is it, mon amour?" Lafayette replied. 

"Shut it, you smug bastard!" I said. I heard him gasp. "Guys! We aren't right! This isn't right!" I heard murmurs from everyone. "We are not these people! We are from the 21st century!" More small talk. "I'm just going to kill you now," I said. I got my pistol and sword and either shot or stabbed them. I thought out that, we must be here to do something. Why else? But, we aren't gonna do that. I was the last one too. Right before I killed myself, I heard a voice. 

"Wait!" I saw a kid run up to me. "Mr. Laurens! It's a gift from my papa!" He handed me a cloth with something in it and ran away. I couldn't see him. I opened the cloth and saw a folded paper addressed to me. I opened it.

To my Dearest Kennedy,
Good job on solving this. I applaud your excellent mind. But, I hope this letter did get to you on time. Philip is a fast runner. In this letter, there is a picture of something from my Laurens' past. You resemble him. Everyone resembled who they have put as. I'm sorry I did this to you, I just thought it would be a fun time. Thank you. Sorry for making this message brief, but Laurens and Eliza need me. Until we meet again.
Yr. Obedient and Humble Servant,
                                      Alexander Hamilton

Did he write me a letter? What? Okay. Okaaayyyy. I shook my head and saw a picture of a turtle drawing fall out, along with a metal necklace with a locket on it. I opened the locket and saw a picture of Alexander, Laurens, Eliza, and Philip together. "So cute..." I put on the locket and put the drawing in my pocket. Then, I stabbed myself exactly where Laurens was shot those many years ago.