Should I be feeling this way? Part I

Warning Gallavich lovers. 

Before reading on, here is something you should know. Mickey and Ian are going to experience something heartbreaking in this part of the short story. This will all be happening in Ian's perspective. 

Part I

Mickey and I were waiting at the diner for Jamie and her mysterious lover to show up. She told us to meet her at this place so that she could introduce us to that special someone of hers. 

"This person better be the fucking queen or some shit." Mickey groaned, looking up at me.

Mickey was the one that didn't want to come here in the first place. He said that Jamie could've just brought that person over to the house instead of insisting that we meet them in a 'dumb ass diner'. I had to beg him to come, for Jamie's sake. 

"Jamie hasn't been in a relationship for years and now she's finally dating. You should be happy for her, Mick." I laughed, reaching out for Mickey's hand.

"I guess." Mickey sighed, smoothing his hand into mine.

"I just can't wait to see who the lucky-" I was interrupted

"Shut up, act like we weren't talking about her. The lesbian is coming our way." Mickey interrupted, trying to hush me.

Jamie walked into the diner with the most attractive guy I've ever laid my eyes on, on her arm.

He had slightly tanned skin that blended with his light brown hair. His hair was pushed back but loose strands still managed to make their way down, framing his face. His wide hazel eyes seemed to pop, and I couldn't help but stare. I've always dreamed about a man like this, so I instantly became attracted to him.

"Hey guys." Jamie waved.

Both Mickey and I gave her a friendly smile.

"This is Aiden, my boyfriend." She continued.

My mouth dropped, I could've sworn Jamie was a lesbian but, I really didn't care so much about her not being a lesbian, what I really cared about was the fact that Aiden was taken.

Jamie and Aiden walked over to the side of the table and took their seats. I couldn't yet take my eyes off of Aiden, he was so gorgeous. 

"Aiden, this is Mickey and Ian. They're lovers." Jamie giggled.

"I could see that." Aiden responded, looking down at Mickey's hand in mine. 

Shit.

I quickly but nonchalantly moved my hand from under Mickey's and pretended to scratch the side of my neck. 

As I looked back at Aiden, a sly grin began appearing on his face.

"I thought you were a fucking dyke." Mickey chuckled.

I playfully punched Mickey's arm as a way of reminding him to be polite, but Mickey took the words straight from my mouth.

"Why would you think that?" Jamie cried, staring straight at Mickey. 

I wanted to laugh as badly as I need to breath but I gave it all my might and held it in.

"Cause, you've been single for 2 years already and not once have I heard you talk about a dude." Mickey responded.

"Well, that's because I've been waiting for the right guy to come along. And now he's finally here." Jamie cheered, looking over at Aiden, shooting him amorous looks. 

I rolled my eyes at the sight of them.

The waitress then came over to our table with a big cheesy smile and our menus.

"Hello, I'm Jene, and I will be your waitress this afternoon. Can I start you lovebirds off with a couple of drinks?" She asked, handing us the menus.

"Beer." Mickey answered.

"Water is fine." Jamie responded.

"And for you two?" The waitress asked, referring to Aiden and I.

"Sprite." We both answered, simultaneously.

At that point I was mentally fan girling. I looked over at Aiden and the same sly grin appeared back on his face. 

"One beer, one water, and two sprites, coming right up." The waitress said, walking away, leaving us with no time to thank her.

 "On that note, I have to go powder my nose." Jamie said, standing up from her chair.

"Be right back." She coos, kissing Aiden on his cheek.

Wow.

"Wait up, I have to piss." Mickey calls out to Jamie.

"I'll be right back." Mickey jokes, kissing me on my forehead, trying to imitate Jamie.  

After Mickey leaves thats when it hit me, I was alone with Aiden. I suddenly became real nervous and all I could do was awkwardly smile at him. 

"You nervous?" Aiden broke the silence. 

I laughed, "Why would I be nervous?"

"You tell me. You sure do look nervous." 

Fuck, Ian get it together. 

"Do I make you nervous?" He added.

"A little." 

Way to fucking go, Gallagher.

A smug smile made its way onto his face. 

"Uh, so you and Jamie." I blurted out, trying to get the whole idea of him making me nervous out of my mind.

"Yeah, she's a doll." 

"You like her?"

That's a stupid question. Of course he does, that's why they're dating. 

"Something like that." he answered.

Something like that? What was that supposed to mean? I didn't know if I should be angry that he's playing around with Jamie or happy that he didn't really like her.

"What do you mean?" 

As soon as I asked that question, the waitress came to our table with the drinks.

Thanks a lot, lady.

"Let's stop talking about me and start talking about you. Are you happy in your relationship?" 

Fuck me. Is this guy serious?

"uh, yeah."

"I bet I could make you twice as happy." he stated.

Did he really say that to me.

"You could?" I stuttered. 

"Lemme guess, you guys fuck but rarely do anything romantic."

I stayed quiet. 

"If you were mine I would spoil you, take you out to the nicest restaurants, I would show you off to the world, and after doing all these things I would make sweet love to you. And in the morning I would make you breakfast in bed to show my appreciation."

My heart began to skip beats. The words that came out of his mouth were like music to my ears. Do I want this to happen? Should I be feeling like this?

"We're back." Jamie sang by Mickey, making her way back to her seat.

"Missed me?" She murmured to Aiden.

"Sure did." He answered, kissing her forehead.

I looked over at Mickey chugging down his beer and thought to myself. 

Maybe I wanted Aiden more than I wanted Mickey.

As soon as we finished eating, we gathered our things and said our goodbyes. Aiden and my goodbye was different. It was a hello. A hello into something mischievous and passionate. 

But the same question kept coming to me.

Do I really want this?

Thanks for reading. xoxo