Should I be feeling this way? Part II

Part II

I got up early this morning around nine and jogged to the supermarket. I couldn't bear staying in bed with Mickey, knowing that I am being unfaithful to him. I thought that if my blood pressure rose my stress levels would go down and if I entered the supermarket and shopped for groceries then my mind would wander off and I could forget about this whole situation for just a moment.

I carried a shopping basket up and down the aisles, picking up whatever I thought was missing in the house.

As hard as I tried to focus on shopping I couldn't. Everything seemed to remind me of Aiden and that made my stomach turn. The cold air of the frozen food section reminded me of how his touch gave me goosebumps all over my body. The aroma of fresh fruit reminded me of how the restaurant smelled. It seemed like some powerful force wanted to remind me of him.

I couldn't stand being surrounded by the thoughts of him either so I decided the best option was to gather as many things as I could and head back to the house.

I entered the house as quietly as I could, hoping and praying that Mickey was still asleep. He was. I set the paper bags down on top of the kitchen counter and began to put away the groceries.

10 minutes later, my phone rang.

Fuck, I have to pick up the call before Mickey wakes up.

I scrambled through the living room, towards the end table and quickly placed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, thank God you're home."

"Huh? Jamie?"

"Open the door."

"What?"

"Open the door, Ian!"

Are you fucking kidding me right now, Jamie is the last person I want to see.

I slowly inched my way towards the front door and placed my hand on the doorknob, without having even opened the door a wave of guilt overwhelmed me and I felt sick to my stomach.

Then, I heard an aggressive knock on the door and I flung the door open remembering that Mickey was still asleep.

"Hey!" Jamie gushed and almost threw her whole weight on me.

"Hey," I responded.

She separated herself from me and as soon as she did I caught a glimpse of Aiden.

"Hey, Ian." He smirked.

Flashbacks of the day before filled my mind so much so that Jamie had to snap me back into reality.

"Ian?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Uh... Yeah. I just remembered that Mickey is asleep... and I don't want to... uh... wake him."

"Ian, it's 12 pm. I think Mickey is close to waking up," Jamie responded while inviting herself in and planting herself down on the couch.

"I didn't expect him to be home," Aiden whispered to me as he walked through the door towards Jamie.

A cold chill sped through my body and I felt tiny goosebumps arise on my arms and legs.

What game is he trying to play with me?

"What the fuck is up with all that sound?" Mickey slurred while rubbing his eyes and entering the living room.

"Good afternoon to you too, sleepy head," Jamie responded.