t w o

Veronica Lodge eyed Riverdale High School's infamous bad boy with scrutiny. Wyler Adams was so damn hot that she could not remove her gaze from his table. He was sitting next to Cheryl, with his arm wrapped possessively around her shoulders.

"Earth to V?" Beth waved a hand in her face, interrupting her daily dosage of Wyler.

"Wyler is too hot for his own damn good." She sighed, starting to eat her salad.

"I heard that he has an eight pack." Ethel piped up.

"Despite his good looks, Wyler's too cocky and rude to everyone, but his girlfriend." Beth rolled her eyes at the both of them.

"Cheryl's so lucky to have a god as her boyfriend." Effel said.

As her two friends continued their conversation, Veronica remained deep in her thoughts, almost as if she was contemplating whether or not to do something.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"As you guys know, I was absent yesterday which I deeply apologize for." Ms. Grundy said as she wrote the homework on the chalkboard before turning around to face the class. "Today, we will be - "

Ms. Grundy was interrupted as Veronica entered the classroom with her books in hand.

"And it seems as if a new student arrived yesterday," Ms. Grundy smiled. "What's your name, my dear?"

"Veronica Lodge."

"Well Veronica, I deeply apologize for not being here yesterday to introduce you to the class." Ms. Grundy replied. "Why don't you take a seat next to Wyler over there? Wyler, raise your hand."

Wyler smirked as his raised his muscled arm in the air and Veronica internally groaned before wordlessly sitting next to the bad boy at the back of the classroom.

How the hell was she supposed to concentrate sitting next to a boy who looked like a Greek god?

"Please turn to page five of your textbooks." Ms. Grundy said as she wrote the page number on the board. "If you have any difficulty, be sure to ask your partner for help before asking me for help. That's what your classmates are for."

Veronica groaned as her eyes scanned over the mathematics problems on the page. She didn't know how to solve any of the problems on the page and came to the conclusion that she was doomed to fail the class.

"You can ask me for help, you know." Wyler laughed as Veronica slammed her head on the table they shared. "I won't bite - "

Veronica raised her head from the table in disbelief.

"Unless you want me to." Wyler gave her a wry grin and Veronica felt like she was an ice cube about to melt.

"I highly doubt you of all people would know how to solve math problems." Veronica rolled her eyes.

"And why is that?" Wyler gave her an amused stare.

"You're a bad boy." She stated.

"And being a bad boy means that I can't solve math problems?" He laughed.

"Well, yeah." Veronica frowned.

"Wyler, what's the answer to question ten?" Ms. Grundy randomly asked.

"128." He didn't miss a beat before answering.

Veronica smirked, knowing that he would get it wrong. Wyler didn't look like the type to study, much less get a question correct.

"128 is correct. Good job." Ms. Grundy rewarded him with a smile.

Veronica's mouth was agape, not believing that Wyler of all people would be good at mathematics.

"Close your mouth, Veronica." Wyler leaned in close to her ear to whisper.

"How did you get that answer correct?" Veronica's cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"Simple." He replied. "I paid attention."

"Why would a bad boy want to pay attention in class?" Veronica couldn't help but ask.

"Cheryl wants to go to UCLA next year." Wyler stated in a matter of fact tone. "Can't have my baby girl be separated from me in college, can I?"

Before Veronica could ask any more questions, the bell for the next class rang. She started packing up her schoolbooks when Wyler spoke again.

"You really should avoid putting people in stereotypes," Wyler smirked before walking out of the classroom. "Watch what you say before you offend the wrong person, sweet cheeks."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheryl sat in a chair and waited for her boyfriend to pick her up after her English class.

"Cheryl, do you want to go home together?" Josie inquired as she saw that she and her friend were the last two students in the classroom.

"No thanks, Jo." Cheryl gave her a weak smile. "Wyler should be here soon."

"Alright." Josie replied. "Just make sure to get home safely."

It was unusual for Wyler to be late to pick her up. Usually, he would be waiting for her outside of the classroom after the bell rang.

She guessed that a teacher probably stopped Wyler after class to speak with him. She decided to take out her phone and play a game as she waited for him to arrive.

"Hey Cher, sorry for being late." Wyler breathlessly spoke and Cheryl gathered that he had probably run here.

"It's okay." Cheryl sighed. "But where were you? You're usually not late."

"I went," Wyler began to reply. "To get you, this."

He handed her a bouquet of her favorite flowers and a plush teddy bear.

"Thank you, Wyler." Cheryl's mood instantly lifted. "These roses are so pretty and the teddy bear is so cute."

"You're welcome, Cher." Wyler replied as he watched her girlfriend smell the roses and hug the teddy bear to her chest with a smile.

"But what's the occasion?" Cheryl inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"I just wanted to give my wonderful girlfriend a present to show her how much she means to me." Wyler replied.

"You're so sweet." Cheryl gushed. "But you really didn't have to do this for me."

"Of course, I had to." Wyler intertwined their hands. "Only the best for my baby."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thank you for 100+ reads. It really means a lot to me! I hope this chapter satisfies you all. Lots of love, xoxo.