f o u r

Veronica Lodge could barely focus in mathematics class with Wyler sitting next to her. She discreetly tilted her head to the side to observe the bad boy. He was faced forward, listening intently to Ms. Grundy ramble on about her math lesson and paid no attention to her whatsoever.

"You know, it's rude to stare sweet cheeks." He drawled as he scribbled down the notes from the chalkboard.

"I wasn't staring," Veronica quickly looked away and averted her attention to her textbook.

"The blush on your cheeks says differently." Wyler snorted.

"Just because I'm blushing doesn't mean I was staring at you." Veronica quickly replied, regaining her composure.

Wyler leaned in and Veronica felt her heart beat rapidly and her palms began to sweat.

"You're blushing because you were caught in the act," Wyler gave her a devilishly handsome smirk.

"And how can you be so sure I'm blushing because of that?" Veronica replied, crossing her arms at her chest. 

"I'm pretty sure because your textbook is upside down, sweet cheeks." Wyler chuckled and Veronica looked down at her textbook. 

Her cheeks burned even more as she realized that Wyler was right about her textbook being upside down. Soon, the bell rung and Veronica decided to wait until Wyler was out of the room so she could avoid embarrassing herself even further.

"Don't be late today," Wyler said as he passed by her and out the door. "I have plans with Cheryl after tutoring you."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You need to use the quadratic formula to factor this polynomial . . . " Wyler said as she struggled with the math problem.

"What the hell is that?" Veronica groaned. "Why's math so fucking difficult?"

"Damn." Wyler chuckled. "Have you been staring at my handsome face so much that you haven't been paying attention at all?"

"Shut up!" Veronica playfully hit his shoulder and he smiled.

"I gotta use the bathroom," Wyler told her as he got up from his seat. "Work on that math problem while I'm gone."

"Yes, sir." She groaned again and he chuckled before heading towards the restroom. "You're going to hell for making me do this."

Suddenly, something flashed at the corner of Veronica's vision. Wyler had left his phone on the table when he went to the restroom. Veronica looked left and right, making sure that no one was watching before she picked up his phone.

"What kind of person doesn't have a lock on their phone? Especially, an expensive one." Veronica muttered to herself as she looked through his messages with Cheryl.

"God, can she be anymore clingy?" Veronica rolled her eyes at the text messages

"God, can she be anymore clingy?" Veronica rolled her eyes at the text messages. "How the hell does Wyler stand dating her?"

She decided to leave Cheryl on read and locked his phone before going back to her math problem. A minute after, Wyler came strolling back to her table at the library, sat down beside her, and continued to tutor her.

"Good." Wyler praised her as she got a question correct.

"I feel so smart," Veronica continued to boast her ego.

"And who's responsible for that?" Wyler smirked.

"You are." Veronica replied. "Thanks so much for tutoring me, Wyler."

"You bet your ass, I am." Wyler chuckled and Veronica felt her ovaries melt at the sound.

"You're not so terrible, bad boy." Veronica told him. "The kids here said you were a douchebag."

"People believe whatever the fuck they want to believe, Ver." His brown eyes locked with hers. "It doesn't mean that whatever they say is true."

"Anyways, I gotta go." Wyler said as he looked at the time on his phone. "Meet me again here next week."

Veronica internally squealed at the nickname he had given her. She found him more likable than she had previously thought. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"That's so strange," Cheryl muttered to herself as she looked at the messages between her and Wyler.

"What's strange?" Josie inquired as she sat down next to her on the bed.

"Wyler hasn't responded to my text message and it's been over an hour." Cheryl pouted.

"It's probably nothing." Josie reassured her. "He's probably busy."

"He left me on read, Jo." 

"Maybe, he forgot to respond. Didn't you say he was tutoring some chick at the library?"

"He's tutoring the new girl, Veronica." 

"Veronica? Veronica Lodge?"

"Yeah, that's her."

"She's bad news, Cher."

"What do you mean?"

"You know that friend I told you about? Serena? The one whose boyfriend left her for another girl?"

"Yeah, but what's that have to do with Veronica?"

"She stole Serena's boyfriend, Cher. They were so good together until she intervened into their relationship."

"She seems rather harmless, Jo. I don't think she could be capable to doing something like that."

"She acts like that in the beginning, but she's a homewrecker, Cher. She was best friends with Serena before she backstabbed her and stole her boyfriend."

"You should be careful, Cher." Jo warned her. "Veronica Lodge is bad."

"I'll keep that in mind," Cheryl gave her best friend a weak smile. "Thanks for telling me."

Her boyfriend was spending time with Veronica Lodge and she did not know how to feel about that. Could it be that Veronica was the reason why Wyler had not responded to her messages today?

"Chill out, Cher." She reassured herself. "You can just ask him when you two go on a date tonight."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

wow, 9k views? thank you guys so much. i'm sorry i haven't updated in a month. i was busy in school for a bit and then i had a bad case of writer's block. anyways, i'm back and i hope this chapter is to your liking! thanks so much for taking the time to read this book. i adore you all x