f i v e

Wyler arrived at the superstore that evening to pick up the necessities for his stay at home movie date with Cheryl. He was near the ice cream aisle holding a shopping basket when he heard his name being called.

"Wyler!" He turned around to see his classmate that he was assigned to tutor.

"Hey Ver." He offered her a smile as he scanned the aisle for a particular ice cream.

"What are you doing here?" Veronica blurted before realizing the idiotic nature of her question. There was only one reason why someone would come to the superstore and it was to buy food.

She wanted so badly to slam her palm against her forehead.
"Picking some snacks up." He replied as he located the cookies and cream ice cream and placed it in the basket.

"For?" Veronica continued to pry.

Wyler raised one of his eyebrows at her question. The two were no where close enough to share their plans with each other.

"Sorry, I was just wondering." Veronica apologized when she saw his expression. "You don't have to tell me. It's none of my business - "

"Cheryl and I have a date tonight." Wyler cut her off to save her embarrassment.

"A date? I saw her going to the park with Archie on my way here." Veronica feigned shock.

"Cheryl would never do that to me," Wyler insisted as he handed the cashier money at the check out station.

"I mean, Archie could have been with anyone. But the girl was a red head and I thought her hair color was awfully similar to Cheryl's."

"They were probably going as friends, then." Wyler managed to grit out.

"But wouldn't Cheryl have told you about her plans with Archie? I mean, you're her boyfriend." Veronica insisted, walking out with him after she paid for her own groceries.

"Look, Ver. I appreciate that you're looking out for me. Cheryl doesn't have to inform me of every single fucking thing she does. She's her own person. If she has plans with Archie fucking Andrews, who's a total shit bag, then it's her choice." Wyler turned to look at Veronica. His chocolate colored eyes grew dark with annoyance. With that being said, Wyler mounted his motorcycle and drove away.

"This is going to be harder than I thought." Veronica muttered to herself, stomping her foot on the ground. "He's really trusts Cheryl and he loves her way too much."

-
As soon as Wyler arrived in front of Cheryl's mansion, he dismounted his motorcycle and headed for the front door. He only had to knock once before the elaborately designed door opened to reveal Josie.

"Hey Wyler!" Josie flashed Wyler a warm grin which he returned. "I was just leaving."

"I have to warn you though." She looked behind her into the house to make sure no one was listening before she lowered her voice. "Cheryl's been upset lately. I think you should talk to her."

"Thanks for the heads up, Jo." He said and the two exchanged goodbyes before Wyler headed into the Blossom's mansion armed with snacks.

"Cher." Wyler called out as he headed up the stairs. "I have your favorite ice cream, chocolate, cookies, and chips."

"Hey Wyler." Cheryl smiled at him as he entered her room and took a seat on her queen sized bed. Her smile could fool everyone else, but it could not fool him.