daehoon 》squish

"don't you ever just realize you love someone so much you'll sacrifice anything for them?" daehwi questioned in the dorm one day while the boys were watching tv.

jihoon, laying on the couch with his legs over daehwi's lap, nodded. "yeah, my family is something i'll risk everything for if they can be safe and happy."

"how deep," jaehwan joked from on the chair, eyes still glued on the tv, "jihoonie, i think daehwi meant romantically. everybody would sacrifice themselves for family."

daehwi nodded after jaehwan's words, subconsciously reaching down to massage jihoon's leg, deep in thought. jihoon, upon feeling daehwi's gentle kneading on his calf, sent a terrfied look up at woojin, who looked like he was trying to hold in his laughter.

"just take him outside and confess, you sissy." woojin whispered lightly from where he was perched on the stairs. guanlin, prancing after minhyun to the kitchen (presumably for a meal), gave jihoon a double thumbs up.

jihoon panicked, suddenly sitting up. daehwi jumped, torn out of his thought process, eyes going wide. jihoon slipped his legs out of daehwi's lap, taking the young boy's hand in his own.

"daehwi-ah, your eyes will go bad if you stay watching tv too long, let's go for a walk outside."

"uh, okay..." daehwi replied, uncertain at the sudden attitude of his favorite hyung. jihoon gave him the most soothing smile anybody could give, standing up and gently pulling daehwi up as well.

while leading daehwi outside, jihoon noticed woojin looked like he was trying not to scream. glaring at the long faced boy, he attempted to halt woojin's suspicious actions, but failed to do so as woojin caught the gaze of guanlin, both of them trying not to make any unnatural noises.

---

the two boys sat, facing each other while sitting on the small patch of grass outside the dorms, warm sunlight spilling over their tan skin.

jihoon, in the pocket of his jacket, very subtly messed with his fidget spinner, trying to rid himself of the nervousness creeping up on him.

daehwi just lazily stared at jihoon, not even trying to act like he wasn't, chin resting on the palm of his hand. jihoon, somehow convincing himself he was mentally prepared, shyly met daehwi's intense gaze.

"hey, daehwi," jihoon began, almost facepalming at his shit way of catching daehwi's attention, although it worked, "about that question about sacrificing for someone... why did you ask?"

daehwi's focus was completely on jihoon, and he seemed to be considering an answer then shrugged. "it's just, my heart seems to long for this one person all the time. if i don't see the person, i get so frantic like i have to find hi-the person to be with me."

"him?" jihoon questioned, effortlessly getting closer to squeezing the answer out of daehwi, then managed to find a way to do it perfectly, "wait, daehwi, don't move, there's a petal in your hair."

daehwi swatted at his pink tinged bangs, attempting to dislodge the so called petal from his hair. laughing lightly, jihoon leaned close to the younger boy, pretending to get the petal out of daehwi's hair.

the close proximity made daehwi's mind go numb, those intricate details of jihoon that you could only see up close being exposed to him. "y-yeah.. him..."

jihoon's feathery touch slowly trailed lower until it glided over daehwi's cheek, stopping there. daehwi's breath caught in his throat, and he couldn't manage to break his gaze away from jihoon's.

"am i that person for you?" jihoon asked softly, cupping daehwi's cheek in his hands, lips curling. daehwi didn't answer for a little - he couldn't - but jihoon waited patiently, his tender touches leaving no traces of his previous nervousness.

"yeah," daehwi admitted shyly after a small bit, adverting his gaze away from jihoon's, leaning into the elder boy's hand. jihoon had a consistency with the overwhelming sweetness he was showing, his lopsided smile growing wider as the seconds ticked by.

jihoon delicately rubbed at daehwi's cheek with his thumb. "hmm, daehwi, look at me."

daehwi didn't need any further prompting, he met jihoon's eyes again, those eyes that he could never escape again. jihoon did his cute laugh, not his embarrassed one, not his bashful one, but one filled with so much joy it made you want to bounce around and sing in glee.

jihoon leaned in again, and like before, he stole away daehwi's breath with his eyes that held the world. jihoon stopped when his forehead rested against the younger boy's and their noses touched, closing his eyes. daehwi did too, scrunching his eyes shut to accept whatever was to play out.

"i love you daehwi," jihoon confessed, bringing his other hand up to hold daehwi's face tenderly, "i love you so much i can't even say it."

---

I somehow spelled mind as eyes, so if there are any mistakes in here don't be afraid to tell me I DON JACKED UP

I got so soft writing this, I need to write more Daehoon bc I love cute babies

Requested by HGThings

Thank you! <3